Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senhin
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Slooooooooooow

Untitled.png

So when I was going to buy my place, I looked up the internet speed. It told me 3.5 (2.5 to whatever estimated). I thought that was really slow, but it said infinity was coming to the area around the time I would move in.

Now, a year down the line and this is the speed I get and infinty STILL isn't available...?

Does anyone have any suggestions because this is really getting on my nerves. I just bought a game for my PS4 with my friends intending to play it tonight... I knew it was stupid to assume I'd get to join in, because I put it in and the 8.3 gig update file will take 22 hours... Smiley Sad

Spoiler

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Slooooooooooow

Please visit this website http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

and paste the results here, afted editing out your phone number.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Senhin
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

I couldn't seem to find the first part you were talking about.

As for the socket, I have 4 in my place and none look anything like that. They are all identical.

Also, this

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Infinity according to the wholesale checker results you have posted should be available at the end of June
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Senhin
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Yeah, but it said it would be in a month when I moved in last summer. It then said around November, which didnt happen either. Then Decemeber etc

As for that guide, I dont have a socket that looks anything like that.

And I can't find 2 lines like that in 10 pages or so of the logs. Is there a certain place they should be?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

if you have a hh4 then the 2 lines will be when router last reset  if you have a good stable conenction then the 2 lines could be days back  your hub will give a connection time which will give indication of where to look

can you identify which is the master socket which is first socket in your home when the openreach wires enter your home

do you have anything on outside wall like this  external_NTE_1.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Senhin
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

This is the closesest I can find

DSL Link Up: Down Rate=1376Kbps, Up Rate=448Kbps; SNR Margin Down=7.5dB, Up=18.0dB

As for that box, no.

I've got 4 sockets in here, all identical with no test thingy. Outside theres nothing I can see. I live on the second and third floor of a 3 floor building.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

that is correct stats -can you add date to stats

0 Ratings