Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wathen316uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

Slow Broadband Connection after Firmware Upgrade

Hi,

My broadband has started dramatically decreasing during the day but overnight the BT App states the speeds are OK.  Spoke to BT today and they told me I need an engineer but noticed that my problem started on the same day that new firmware was downloaded to my HUB.  This is what I found:

BT1.JPG

Whenever I run the BT App to find speeds it states I only have around 2-3 MBps which is a lot lower than the above screenshot it showing.  I am not happy about an engineer having to visit my home as last time it was blamed on cabling that a previous engineer had installed and I was still charged the fee (£99 at the time).  Is this firmware release the cause of my broadband dropping out and slowing down during the day?  I don't want to be paying the £129 fee if it turns out that this is the reason as no doubt BT will blame my equipment (note the HUB is less than 9 months old as well).

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
wathen316uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Re: low speeds starting again.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 2 of 29

sorry but your issues are totally different from mine as mine is to do with noise margins and disconnections.can i request somebody move this post so as not to confuse my problem,many thanks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub after the firmware update?

you need to run btspeedtester and when first test completes you need to run diagnostic test and post results. This must be done with a wired connection 

enter your our phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wathen316uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

I tried the factory reset on 11th when issue first occurred.  This is details from site:

BT2.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 29

From your router stats your connection speed is good and top of estimated speed from dslchecker. Need diagnostic results from btspeedtester 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wathen316uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

This is the issue though.  The My BT App states I am only getting around 2-3 Mbps speed (which BT 'confirmed' earlier today) but overnight this returns to around 8-11 mbps.  Because ofthe 2-3mbps the BT Application automatically raised as a fault and now I can't run other tests due to a fault outstanding.  BT want to send an engineer but I do not want to pay if its been caused by a firmware change that was nothing to do with me.  I work on call so at the moment I am having to drive into the office because my home connection is up and down despite showing on the initial screenshot that I have 11MBps.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 29

Wireless results are subject to interference hence why you need to run btspeedtester with an Ethernet connection

0 Ratings
wathen316uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

I understand that but I am not working wirelessly from my PC.  It is wired in and is running much slower than prior to the firmware upgrade.  All my other devices were fine until the upgrade and now everything is running slow or disconnecting.  I had a similar issue last year but it managed to sort itself out albeit it turned out to be issues at the exchange where multiple people were also having slow broadband problems.  However none of the people who had issues last time appear to be having issues this time.  I just find it coincidental that the firmware upgrade occurred on the same date as my issues.

I can't currently run the BT Speed Test as there is an outstanding fault on the account so it doesn't appear to let me rerun it.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

Can you post the hub stats from advanced settings then technical log admin

0 Ratings