Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rah299
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Slow Broadband Connection

Hi

The broadband connection that I am receiving is much lower than suggested when I originally signed up.

I spoke to a Technical advisor on sunday as the I was getting a speed of 0.6mbps and asked them to reset my profile. I was advised that I would get a speed of approx 6mbps.

Nothing improved in my connection over the next couple of days so I phoned again and was told that a technical advisor would phone me back this evening which has not happened so was hoping someone on here will be able to help.

Things have got slightly better today and my connection has creeped back up to around 1mbps but this is stil obviously nowhere near the speed advertised.

My stats are as follows:

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 03:37:43
Downstream:1.688 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):7.4 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):49.8 dB / 29.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.7 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):2283 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):4 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):22 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):977 / 273

Thanks

Rob

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow Broadband Connection

with your attenuation I would be hoping for about 5mb on a good line with no noise problems.

your connection time is only 3+hrs is that due to the router resetting or manual reset?

are you connected to the test socket or master socket?  do you have other sockets apart from the master?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rah299
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I am connected to the master socket with an accelerator fitted to it. There are no other sockets The router must have reset itself as I have not turned it off.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

with your line attenuation (line length) the best you can expect to achieve is 4.8mb
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

the accelrator is really intended for customers who have extension sockets as te accelerator is to reduce the noise cause by the bellwire from extension wiring.  have you tried connecting to the test socket without the accelerator and post your stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rah299
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi I have tried the test socket without the accelerator but no signs of improvement ADSL Line Status Connection Information Line state: Connected Connection time: 3 days, 23:41:41 Downstream: 1.563 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps   ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.6 dB / 21.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 49.5 dB / 28.5 dB Output power (Down/Up): 18.6 dBm / 12.5 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 85935 / 360 CRC Events (Down/Up): 911 / 718 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 6831 / 637 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 94 / 47       Thanks Rob Hide details  
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

are these stats with the router connected directly to the test socket via a filter?

0 Ratings
rah299
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Yes
0 Ratings