Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cteal00
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Slow Broadband Speed Up /Down

Morning All

I have been battling with the BT Helpdesk for a few weeks with my slow broadband speed. the customer service is shocking i have been waiting for a manager to call me for a fortnight always promise to call you back but i have to call them and remind them. 

I work from home and have to drive a mile down the road to send emails for work (My mother in laws house)

When i first moved in 7 years ago i was getting over 11Mbps down and close to 1Mbps up please take a look below.

Please help

I am plugged into the test socket with the wireless on the router disabled and just my laptop plugged in via a network cable 

Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Connected Home helpdesk (Tel: 0808 100 6116), the agent might ask you for details about your BT Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request

1.Product name:BT Home Hub 4r A
2.Serial number:+076762+NQ34702644
3.Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.13.1.19 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4.Board version:BT Hub 4r A
5.ADSL uptime:0 days, 01:24:29
6.Bandwidth:448 / 8128
7.Data sent/received:127.6 MB / 324.1 MB
8.Internet Service Provider:BT
9.Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
10.Broadband password: 
11.ISP Connection:PPPoA (Point to Point Protocol over ATM)
12.VPI/VCI:0 / 38
13.Encapsulation:VC-MUX
14.2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:WiFiNet
15.2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Disabled
16.2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17.2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18.5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:WiFiNet
19.5 GHz Wireless connections:Disabled
20.5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21.5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22.Firewall:Default
23.MAC Address:18:62:2c:5e:88:f6
24.Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
25.Latency type:Fast

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow Broadband Speed Up /Down

as you are on adslmax you currently have max 8mb connection speed but as exchange upgraded to adsl2 the mods will try and help  they will post a contact us link

was the btspeedtester done with a wire or wireless conenction?  which exchange are you on?

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 9

Hi cteal and welcome, 

If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile I will take a look and see what can be done to help. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
cteal00
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I am curently on a wired connection with the wireless on the router disabled 

0 Ratings
cteal00
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Sorry Dartford Exchange

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

see if mods can get you upgraded and if that will help your download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cteal00
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Just got throught to the tier 2 team after trying to explain the issues with the service and lack of customer care i asked to talk with a manager and was hung on on again this is what alway happends.

Call BT back just been told my router is at fault (only a few month old)

shocking service andcustomer care not able tp get Fibre or cable as not available on my road.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

just follow mod contact us link and complete the email and they will help you  may take 3/5 working days to get back to you but they will contact you either by phone or email

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Just deal with the mods from now on and do not contact the helpdesk the mods will take personal ownership until fully resolved and they will keep you updated on progress
0 Ratings