Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirrely
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Slow Broadband Speed on new line

Go to solution

This is what I have got when my new broadband line was activated, according to the original line check I should be getting more than 1.9MB, but if BT think this speed is acceptable they should think again as a carrier pigeon carries more speed than that!!!

BT Test

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow Broadband Speed on new line

Go to solution
Run btspeedtester and after first test run diagnostic test and post results. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

When was activation?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
squirrely
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Activation was today and attached are the results

BTW Performance Test.png

0 Ratings
squirrely
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

2nd test done, plus I have just spoken to a friend and he says sometimes if there is a block on a number you will not get the speeds expected until they unblock the line.

BTW Performance Test 2.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Your profile is at starting point and should increase to the correct value of 7.15mb during the 10 day training period. Just stay connected 24/7 with no manual resets. Your connection will reset during this period but that is normal during training

Your line/number is not blocked.

Sometimes profiles get stuck especially at 2mb but stable connection is first priority

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
you are in a 10 day line training period during this time the exchange equipment finds your best stable speed and during this time BT will not undertake any manual intervention please re try the further diagnostics test in 10 days time and if your IP profile has not risen automatically then the forum mods will arrange a manual profile reset
squirrely
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice guys, speed went up yesterday morning to 6.5MB.

BUT, maybe this can be passed onto somne people experiencing slow speeds as well, I found that when trying to view videos on the BBC web site, the video kept pixalating and dropping out, I then received a system message to say that my Sky Drive was full and needed to buy more storage space from Microsoft. I thought **bleep** that and deleted all my files from Sky Drive and turned off all settings in it so that it was not active. Low and behold, internet speed went up and I can even watch HD TV now without a problem. I think this will apply to Windows 8 and 8.1.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Pleased to hear your speed has improved yes correct cloud services can affect your speed when they run in the background all the time
0 Ratings