Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Slow Broadband, downline speed and noise on line

I have had the exact same issue for about a week now, have rang BT countless times and just had no luck whatsoever. Was supposed to get a call back yesterday and they didnt, then had a supposed "Manager" answered today and was supposed to ring back after 30 minutes, its 5 hours now and still no phone call from them, its a complete joke.

This problem has been occuring for about a week now and everytime i've rang the awful customer service of BT it hasn't been solved. I won't rant about the customer service but it has been absolutely shocking. 

My internet has been disconnecting randomly and when you use the phone, it also cuts out the broaband on the router. Here are my adsl stats:

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:15:10
Downstream1,150 Kbps
Upstream578 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.3
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.0 dB / 6.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)33.0 dB / 22.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm

If anyone can help with this, will me massively appreciated. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Slow Broadband, downline speed and noise on line

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket   Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

did you also try replacing the filter as they don't last forever

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

I've done all of the listed above, when I phoned BT we were told they were problems on the line, that it was a fault with a router and they are sending a new one etc, I wish we could just get a straight answer so it can be sorted as its being a complete nightmare. 

Here are the BT Speedtest Results:

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 956 Kbps

0 Kbps1 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 956 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400 Kbps-1 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.01 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 479 Kbps

0 Kbps832 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 479Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

have you connected to the test socket as shown by john46?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Yes I have done that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

was that after the last stats posted?  if so can you post new stats please

0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Nope, those stats are from the test socket. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

does the broadband also disconnect when you make a call or only when you receive a call?

0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Yeah it does 😞

0 Ratings