cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Slow Broadband

Got BT installed 10 days ago. First 2 days my speed was 2.5mbps, since then it has stopped, well 0.1mbps. I have HH4 but here are some details. Downstream available 3.063mbps, filter built into wall socket. I had engineers out with my previous broadband,and i was able to get 2mbps. Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow Broadband

IP profile =0.14mbps?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

if your profile is only 0.14mb then either your conenction has been dropping or you have been manually resetting trying to improve your conenction or both resulting in a low conenction speed and therefore low profile.

now you connection speed is back to 3mb+ you need to stay conencted 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe sooner and your profile will recover automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

It has been resetting itself for the last week. I will leave it for a few days to see if it picks up. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

if after 3+ days the connection speed is the same, profile same and no drops in conenction then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

during the first 10 days the line is in a training period and some disconnections can be expected as already posted if you can now maintain a stable connection for the next 3+ days your profile should start to improve
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

OK so it has automatically reset the connection after 26hrs. downstream is now down to 1.3mbps but IP profile is still 0.14mbps? Downloading at 0.05mbps!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You need to see out the training period and then we can see next steps

0 Ratings