Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 22

Slow Connecting to Broadband

Go to solution

Hello There,

I have a homehub v2. For 2 years no problem always connected wirelessly, home hub situated next to computer.

For the past week very slow connecting to Broadband sometimes won't connect at all until with a bit of fiddling it does

I have for 5 days connected by ethernet cable but still no difference, once connected speed seems fine.

All the lights on hub are blue the hub is left on 24/7

The hub is in a extension socket installed by BT(not recently) with a filter. I have rebooted the hub, turned off at mains etc,

Can anyone advise me further    Thanks Patty-L

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Slow Connecting to Broadband

Go to solution

Hi  Patty Test Socket.jpg

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

did you try inssider to see if any new networks broadcasting round about you?  did you check that your network card has the most up to date drivers from the manufacturer's website - not from windows update?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
Hi john, unable to open Keiths links

quiet line test quiet (corded phone)

now you are getting technical so I will have to have time to sort it out... if I could open links to tell me how.

@ imjolly foxed by network card computer 1Yr old

Thanks for your replies
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

adsl stats

wireless help

wireless boost

will these links work for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

if you go control panel then system and security then system then device manager then network adapter then driver you should see manufacturer and cna then try to see if any updated driver

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution
imjolly yes the links work now (haven't done anything as yet)

Oh dear!! can't find 2nd one, get as far as network sharing no network adapter. Running Vista.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Patty,

Click start and type in ncpa.cpl in the search banner and press enter

From the window that now opens, right click on the wireless network connection, select properties

(click continue)

Click configure, then select driver.

make a note of what info given, for example, intel wireless 1234abg, driver date, driver version.

One of us will check to see if it's up to date;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Hello DS,

I have done as you said I don't know if I have done it right, it says:- 

Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter

This device is working properly

Driver date 9/4/09            It certainly doesn't look up to date

Driver version   7.6.1.237

Thanks all for your help in trying to solve this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

here is the up to date driver

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=28&system=3   for 64bit

r

http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/Atheros~AR5B91~Wireless~Network~Adapter.html   for 32bit