cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 59

Slow Connection - IP Profile?

Previously I always had good solid download speed of around 35mb then BT was installed in the flat directly below mine and since then I have had problems. I've had engineers out looking at the line although I have no idea what they done.  After this I tried numerous restarts of the hub to get my speed back up which after reading this forum seems to have created more of an issue.

Since most threads on here seem to be of the same issue as I am having, I followed the advice given and have left my router alone for 5 plus days with a solid connection.  This doesn't seem to have changed much.

Here are the current stats:

Wholesale test.PNG

CABINET CHECK.PNG

Home Hub.PNG

What should I be doing now?  Am I looking for an IP Profile/Noise Margin reset?

Thanks

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES 58
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 59

Re: Slow Connection - IP Profile?

Does your phone line have a dial tone. Check t test socket

your attainable speed peer is very low so more than just a profile problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 59

No, you are looking at them fixing a serious line fault. Do you have dial tone on your line, is there any noise when you carry out a quiet line test on 17070 if there is.  I rather suspect a wire has been disconnected from your line, broadband will work very slowly on one wire but telephony won't.

0 Ratings
Dado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 59

I don't actually have a phone in the house but this test from BT has said there is no fault in the landline:

Speed Test.PNG

Is the attainable speed from the cabinet?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 59

You need to test you have a dial tone as it looks like a line problem. A corded phone can be obtained for about £5 and will be a great investment and could save you an openreach callout charge of £120

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 59

Buy yourself a phone in the morning and see if you get dial tone. You need to report the fault , but need to check for dial tone first.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 59

All you've done with the online check is test if the Hub returns a response to the test which it does.

It cannot check the phone line if there is no phone on the other end.

0 Ratings
Dado
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 59

I've ordered a telephone on amazon prime, should be here tomorrow morning.  Will report back then, thanks for everyone's help so far.

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 59

Well done! They're invaluable for diagnosing BB faults.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 59

@Dado wrote:

I've ordered a telephone on amazon prime, should be here tomorrow morning.  Will report back then, thanks for everyone's help so far.

This information should help to explain the reasons for a phone.

Why do I need a landline phone?

0 Ratings