Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackluhg
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Slow Fibre Speeds - dropped to 5Mbps

Hello guys

Recently noticed a drop in speeds with my home Broadband. Usually get around 30Mbps DS (on a FTTC line) although not the greatest it did the job, (don't think my profile is much above 45/50). 

Currently getting around 4-5Mbps which is a pain in the ar*e. Checked BT website and no local faults... ran one speed test and it told me 5Mbps on a Fibre line is a 'Good' speed.

Ran a test on the DSL checker, see below.

Anyone know anything I can do to get speeds back to normal?? Don't really want to spend £130 on getting an engineer out! Reset HH5, tried connecting Ethernet cable etc.. still no luck Smiley Indifferent 

Edit - rsz_screen_shot_2015-07-30_at_220301.png

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow Fibre Speeds - dropped to 5Mbps

Please edit that screenshot and remove the phone number. This is a publically viewable forum and I really doubt you want people making nuisance calls to you? 😄

Run the following speedtester: after the first test completes, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter your phone number into the first box and then post the results of the second test here.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

0 Ratings
jackluhg
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Woops!! Thanks for the heads up.. changed and added output from the Wholesale Speed Test 🙂
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

If you have the hh5 can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

@jackluhg We need the results of the second test, not the first one. Also, your number is still visible in the first picture.
0 Ratings
jackluhg
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the help - here's the further diagnsotics results..

rsz_screen_shot_2015-08-01_at_135428.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Can you post stats from you Router please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

posts cannot be edited after 1 hour
0 Ratings