Message 11 of 75

Re: Slow Internet - mods please assist.

OK Will do thank you

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 75

I wish BT Wholesale would just make things like current line target noise margins and line profile band clearly available to customers via the speed checker or modem stats. Would save a lot of guesswork! 

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 75

The OP had though I think overridden the target down noise margin using the alternative modem-router options.

Might be best to try the HH5 in the test socket and see what noise margin and connection speed that sync's at.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 75

Or did I read that wrongly?

Does the Billion have an auto noise margin selection option that might still override the DLM set target?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 75

the Billion does let you select a % reduction but I don't think you can actually select a noise margin

trying from test socket will help with new stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TiRich
Contributor
Message 16 of 75

Right tried from the test socket and no difference at all.

The Billion is on auto SNR - should I just set it to a target of 6?

I have tried with the HH5 too and that was no different but the Billion has lower attenuation on the line compared to the HH5 and the Internet connection is more stable. When running a speed test the HH5 would peak at the start and then drop off rapidly. The Billion just has an almost constant flat rate of transfer.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 75

Pity you didn't stay in test socket and post stats whether billion or hh5. Need to select either but then connect to preferably test and stay there for at least 3 days to show connection stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TiRich
Contributor
Message 18 of 75

Both the Billion and HH5 were stable for several days or more at a time without reboot.

So what should I do next I am a little confused.

0 Ratings
TiRich
Contributor
Message 19 of 75

Here are the Billion Stats from the test socket

ADSL_2
Traffic TypeATM
StatusUp
Link Power StateL0

DownstreamUpstream
Line Coding (Trellis)OnOn
SNR Margin (dB)6.36.8
Attenuation (dB)55.536.1
Output Power (dBm)0.012.8
Attainable Rate (Kbps)3376720

Rate (Kbps)2400708

K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of check bytes in RS code word)00
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)00
D (interleaver depth)642
Delay (msec)85
INP (DMT symbol)4.000.00

Super Frames2666323646
Super Frame Errors00
RS Words3466040161085
RS Correctable Errors179394
RS Uncorrectable Errors00

HEC Errors00
OCD Errors00
LCD Errors00
Total Cells2452564718616
Data Cells54592250854
Bit Errors00

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 75

Connection down rate is now 2400kbps which shows that the connection speed is not being limited by the up to 2272kbps band. Just coincidence before I guess and imjolly was right. 🙂

Something else causing the lower connection speed compared to what you used to get.

It also seems to confirm your DLM target noise margins are the normal 6dB, though I'm not sure exactly what the Billion auto setting means.

Do you know if the attenuation is the sane as it used to be when you got a higher connection rate? Also what about the interleaver and INP values?