Go to solution

thanks webby I see what you are saying - best to give it 3 months from july

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Slow Speed on BT Infinity?

Go to solution

yes silver locks on it- i guess i just wait 3 mths for migration and wait for speed to naturally increase towards the Faster Broadband max of 17mb so then i can make decision whether or not to upgrade to Infinity proper to get uplift to say 25mb?

Combined Cabinet P9.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Right.

So while the new cab might be accepting orders on the OR site, it actually won't be yet.

The live to live I mentioned above takes a while, several months usually as Openreach need to agree the date it will

be done with all the various ISP's involved.

What cabinet does the Wholesale DSL checker show you as connected to? The new or the old?

No such thing as old profiles etc. On fibre to the cab you'll connect at the best you can. The fact the attainable rate is still low confirms you're still served from the old cabinet.

The databases can and will be messy for a while, as various databases are updated at different times and for differnt parts of the network.

You just need to sit tight and see how it goes over the next few months. Your line should be moved over automatically and once it does, your speed will increase and you'll then be able to change to Infinity, as opposed to Faster total broadband.

I assume that photo was taken a while ago and that it does now have a chunky silver lock in the middle of the two doors? Not those 4 silver circles...

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

problem with waiting to put a formal order in is that my postcode is at 85% capacity per codelook but i do have a fibre connection- G993.2 Annex B so this doesnt matter? I will still have a fibre connection when upgrading to Infinity from Faster Broadband and do not need any new capacity?

Would putting an order in now speed up migration?

Would the Call centre just read the DSL Checker stats and say Infinity is impossible with VDSL Downstream at 2.2? in which case I migrate to 18 x2? or is this the faster broadband product I have anyway and am achieving only 6mb

Can someone look at my stats ie attenuation etc and see what headroom is left or is this a meaningless exercise if a different product is sought with a diffrent frequency etc

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution
the dsl checker reports the new cabinet P9

i will check if it has the silver lock now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution
The 85% is in relation to the number of properties in that postcode served by that cabinet. It's nothing to do with capacity. As I said, codelook is not 100% accurate. Use it as a guide not as gospel!

No point placing any orders, the migration process is wholly automatic when Openreach do the switch over.

Call centres will know nothing about the migration. The best thing to do really is nothing. Just wait it out 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Sage
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Check your max attainable rate as reported in the hub stats.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution
It's just above the sync at 5meg, he posted on TBB too.

If the cab has just gone live it will be a few months yet, just like all the other AIO migration 🙂
Highlighted
Sage
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

I meant before he goes to check the cab or attempt to order. The Max attainable will change as soon as the migration is complete.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution
You can't order. It will fail.

All connections are migrated automatically when the live to live date is agreed between Openreach and all the ISP's who have customers on the cabs involved in the migration.