cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TodEth
Message 1 of 8

Slow Speeds When surfing

When surfing it is taking an extremely long time to load pages and to download java took 12 minutes, just seems real slow. Test results and hub stats below, could somebody take a look and see if they all add up.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 151 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 100-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2240 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 249 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 7.84:14.36:77.87 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 303 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 05:27:28
Downstream:2.188 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):4.8 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):50.1 dB / 29.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.3 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):2031426 / 66
CRC Events (Down/Up):742 / 18
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):7138 / 36
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):359 / 22
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow Speeds When surfing

your connection time is only 5hrs have your been having connection problems with the router resetting or have you been resetting the router in the hope your speed will improve?

at present your profile is 250 (249) which is low for your speed but is indicative of a problem with disconnections

are you connected to the test or master socket?  do you have any extension sockets in the rest of your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TodEth
Message 3 of 8

Yeah it dropped earlier on.

Can i ask what do you mean master or test socket, i have a white faceplate with 2 sockets on it directly next to each other, that is the only socket i do have in the house.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

is one outlet for router and one for phone?

can you try the quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should hear nothing best done with corded phone if possible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TodEth
Message 5 of 8

i have 2 sockets for phone and then the filter in one of them. did the quiet line test and i didn't hear anything.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

the disconnection have dropped your profile.  you need to stay connected 24/7 for the next 3/5 days with no resets and your profile will come back to normal which in turn will increase your download speed and speed up your browsing

0 Ratings
TodEth
Message 7 of 8

This is the socket i have

Here is a pic of my socket that i have in the house.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

looks lke a standard socket with  2 phone outlets not like I hoped where one was for router and one for phone.  just stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and profile and speed will come back automatically

0 Ratings