Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swarfega
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Slow Speeds on Infinity 1 after 9pm

Hi

We recently upgraded to BT Infinity 1 and were very happy with it for the first week. We regularly achieved connection speeds of 33Mbps and downloading files even hit 4mb/s once.

Then after that it started going slower. Initially down to 27Mbps which I figured was ok since more and more users in the neighbourhood sighed up.

Lately however every night at around 9-9:30pm the speed would drop dramatically down to less than 10mbps. Usually a router reset would fix this issue and normal speeds would resume. This has happened for three nights in a row now.

I am not sure what the problem is but I am not getting the service we signed up for.

I would be grateful for your assistance in this matter and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
swarfega
Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Slow Speeds on Infinity 1 after 9pm

Any help?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

assuming you have hh5 go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results - should be done with wired connection 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
swarfega
Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Thanks for your repsonse. Here are the results you requested:

1. http://i62.tinypic.com/2e245ti.png

2. Home Hub Manager results: http://privatepaste.com/fb9644beb5

3. BT Speed Tester: Download: 27.71, Upload 6.44 (should be around 9.5), Ping: 51.13 (rather high)

Since upgrading to Infinity 1 the ping has been rather high. I used to regularly get 19ms and since I'm a gamer this is fairly important to me.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

btspeedtester is first test you need to run diagnostic test which is after first test completes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
swarfega
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

See item number 3.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

if you ran the diagnostic test I would expect to see your profile which is missing if only first test is run

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 21

I would say , given your atenuation is 21.4 which should be easily good for 50-60Mbps and given your sync speed of 29Mbps with a noise margin of 6 which is bang on target, that you have a lot of noise on your line that is severely damaging your throughput.

Assuming this is a self-install of Infinity 1 I think you need to fix up your internal phone wiring to address the issue.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
swarfega
Contributor
Message 9 of 21

How would you account for loss of speed in the evening then?

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 21

I would guess that to be due to an increase in noise, but it may be due to congestion in your area which you may be able to check by asking others if they see similar slowdowns.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings