Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 27

Re: Slow Upload / ADSL 2+ Unavailable

Go to solution
I thought you had connected to test socket not the master socket. It is unlikely SSPF is faulty but it does happen and connecting to test socket with filter eliminates any internal wiring problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:
You need to set up routerstats so you get better information about errors and noise margin and how they are fluctuating. i wouldn't use the CS helpline. If you need bt help then better getting that from forum mods

Okdokes, enabled Telnet, details for upstream are below:

Noise Margin: 6.0 dB
Connection Rate: 64 Kbps
Line Attenuation: 31.5 dB
Power: 10.3 dBm
Max Rate: 204 Kbps

SuperFrames: 186967
SF (CRC) Errors: 3
Reed Solomon: 794609
RS Corrected: 66
RS Un-Corrected: 0
HEC: 1
Errored Seconds: 0
Severe ES: 0

Interleave Depth: 2
Bitswaps: 963

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution
If you are now in test socket with new filter try phoning home phone an see if broadband drops.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

If your broadband tends to drop when you receive a call then you have a fault on the line.  If you want faster uploads you will need to get that fixed first.  Routerstats will provide a record of dropouts which you can correlate with telephone usage.

If the downstream attenuation reported by your router has increased, that would also indicate a fault on the line.  During a recent line fault my downstream attenuation increased by 10dB and the telephone stopped working completely.

Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

@Reed_Richards wrote:

If your broadband tends to drop when you receive a call then you have a fault on the line.  If you want faster uploads you will need to get that fixed first.  Routerstats will provide a record of dropouts which you can correlate with telephone usage.

If the downstream attenuation reported by your router has increased, that would also indicate a fault on the line.  During a recent line fault my downstream attenuation increased by 10dB and the telephone stopped working completely.

Thanks, I left routerstats running overnight to test and it disconnected quite a few times irrespective of me receiving any phone calls.

After Imjolly's comment I also realised connecting to the test socket is not the same as the master socket, I had assumed there was no difference with a faceplate splitter installed! I didn't realise it disconnects your extensions, kind of neat Smiley LOL

At first glance it seems I'm getting less CRC and HEC errors on the test socket, and a (slightly) higher sync speed on downstream. Will leave this for a while and test, thanks for all the help by the way guys!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution
Could you please repost your hub stats now you are connected to the test socket so we can compare them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

if you can get a stable conenction now with less errors then moving to adsl2 may be ok but need longer connection time and then new stats

Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
Could you please repost your hub stats now you are connected to the test socket so we can compare them

Sure, here you go:

Upload:

Noise Margin: 11.0 dB
Connection Rate: 448 Kbps
Power: 12.5 dBm
Max Rate: 792 Kbps

SuperFrames: 29262
SF (CRC) Errors: 0
Reed Solomon: 247724
RS Corrected: 0
HEC: 0

Interleave Depth: 4
Bitswaps: 7

Download:

Noise Margin: 10.2 dB
Connection Rate: 2016 Kbps
Line Attenuation: 61.0 dB
Power: 17.3 dBm
Max Rate: 2336 Kbps

SuperFrames: 30443
SF (CRC) Errors: 0
Reed Solomon: 1035045
RS Corrected: 260
HEC: 0
Errored Seconds: 22
Severe ES: 21

Interleave Depth: 16
Bitswaps: 2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

certainly looks a lot better than previous stats with slightly faster conenction but good noise margin leaving scope for better conenction speed.  post new stats later with longer conenction time to see if holding and how errors are increasing

0 Ratings
Nihil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

Hmm, well it seems to still be doing it even on the test socket. The connection speeds when it is connected are better, but they soon drop and connect at lower rates.

The problems also appear to be inconsistent, as my connection was largely fine yesterday. This is my connection today on test socket with nothing else connected:

Upload

Noise Margin: 6.0 dB
Connection Rate: 64 Kbps
Power: 10.6 dBm
Max Rate: 184 Kbps

SuperFrames: 6783
SF (CRC) Errors: 6
Reed Solomon: 28326
RS Corrected: 19
HEC: 3

Interleave Depth: 2
Bitswaps: 16

The connection also dropped when I connected a phone to the microfilter, and the connection would not sync while the phone was in use, guessing this is a sign that there is a fault with the line?

0 Ratings