Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maffie587
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Slow Upload Speed

Evening,

I recently placed a load of online chats to India (BT Help pages) and the final result was that they found a problem in the exchange and that would be resolved and the speed issues that I had been experiencing would be sorted.

The Download speed is now fantastic, going from 9MBPS to hitting the high 30's   HOWEVER the upload speed is still pathetic at 0.3 MBPS.  This is Fibre optic, so I was expecting something better.  When I was on ORANGE/EE copper cable the upload was 1MBPS.  So why has it slowed down by 60% ????  And I'm now being told by India that as BT don't guarentee the upload speed, there's **bleep** all they can do.  Am I being think in thinking that if the download speed increased, then the wiring was OK , therefore the upload would also increase?

These readings are taken plugged via extension cable and different filter into the test socket.  The readings I am getting are identical when I'm plugged in normally with different wiring and a different filter

Thanks

Matt

Telephone Number on Exchange WEST MALLING is served by Cabinet 20

VDSL Range A (Clean)554013.59.1--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)40.522.4105.2--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--6 to 8Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7Up to 16 to 8Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--3 to 7.5Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
Fixed Rate2 ----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ60212575
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 15/04/16
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:08:04
6. Data rate:356 / 49045
7. Maximum data rate:364 / 49192
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:3.0 / 20.6
10. Signal attenuation:2.9 / 19.0
11. Data sent/received:1.1 GB / 19.8 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow Upload Speed

Have you tried connected to the test socket by removing the faceplate from master socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
maffie587
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Webby,

Yes, I've had the faceplate off and back on and the speeds D/L and U/L as the same (give or take a bit).  Tested with all wifi and all other ethernet connections unplugged

Thanks

matt

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Did the attainable rate change in the test socket?

If not, you need to get an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
maffie587
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

OK.  Looks like I'll have to book another day. **bleep**

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

are you currently in test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

you need to connect directly to the test socket without using an extension lead as the can ruin a broadband connection
0 Ratings