cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bootie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Slow broadband. What do the results of the speed test mean for me

Slow broadband, driving me mad. Sometimes up to 2 mins to respond to a page turn!  Here are the results of the test. Do I need to take any action, other than throw the computer out of the window, lol.Smiley Sad

Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 629 Kbps

0 Kbps1000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 629 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 400-1000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1536 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 7.83:21.45:70.83 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 345 Kbps

0 Kbps448 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 345 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Slow broadband. What do the results of the speed test mean for me

wecome to the forum 

From btspeedtester you have a connection of 1.5mb on adlsmax but your profile is low at 750 should be 1250 possibly due to disconnections/resets

in order to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1)

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings