cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian3
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Slow broadband download - BT helpline cannot find cause?

Attaching screen from laptop (not bt test due to lack of flash), wi-fi this time. I usually go to task manager to see if anything is using the brandband. 

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

You need to run the diagnostic test with Ethernet connection not wireless as that is susceptible to interference which will affect the result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Adrian3
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Hi imjolly,

Yes the first broadband test was on wired connection from desktop, second was from laptop with wifi only. 

What diagnostic test do you mean? Happy to run more tests if required. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

btspeedtester following link I posted earlier but this time after forst test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  from test socket with filter using ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Adrian3
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

The good news are, I have a stable normal speed for the past 24h so I will hold on with the tests for now 🙂

Finger crossed but this is the first time for more than two past weeks. 

0 Ratings