cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 142

Re: Slow broadband on the Smallbrook exchange.

The work BT now need to do has been pushed back until 28/02/2011.

Typical BT, couldn't organise a **bleep** up in a brewery.

There's no point cancelling your contract, unless you move there's nowhere else you can go.

0 Ratings
leestanley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 142

I got that same BT Infinity letter again today.

And my internet is still too slow to watch something on BBC iPlayer at 23:45.

< 0.5 Mbps

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 142

I tried to watch Iplayer at midnight too the other day, and it took and hour to watch a half an hour programme because of all the buffering!

I went to OTELO and the eventually replied saying that I need to write to the 'Complaints Resolution' Department at BT before they can investigate, so I wrote them a six page letter explaining my problem and suggestions on what they need to do (because they seem to incompetent to do this themselves). 

I've been complaining for 6 months now, so maybe i'll finally get somwhere!

The adress for anyone that wants it is:

Complaint Review Service Manager

BT Customer Correspondance Centre

Durham

DH98 1BT

I have threatened to take it up with OTELO if I don't get a response within 14 days, and I sent it on the 10th, so hopefully I shall get a response soon!

Tom
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 142

Let us know the outcome.

I'll certainly be lighting a fire under their backsides too.

0 Ratings
Matabrown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 142

OK guys.

My internet has been fixed. Now at 7pm I get 7mb. It was repaired earlier but I was unsure whether it was down to the student exodus or not so I held off posting.

I finally got their attention by emailing their chief executive, I am aware that these forums have tight rules and I don't want to give them an excuse to remove this post. So I don't think I can post the address but.... From the time of sending this email it took aproximately two weeks to resolve the issue. For those of you who think emailing him is a little rash, I was also in contact with the technical team. Whether this team will deal with your complaint without being referred I do not know.

BT India stopped calling and only one guy called, the same guy everytime, he handled my complaint throughout and gave very good customer service. Yes I was also shocked. My internet speed is a solid 5-7mb throughout the day.

In the email I sent to BT's chief executive I linked this thread and also pasted copies of the moderators' responses and a residents forum for park central which has a thread on the broadband situation.

Good luck guys!

0 Ratings
chunbon
Beginner
Message 96 of 142

Has anyone else's throughput increased?  

0 Ratings
chunbon
Beginner
Message 97 of 142

Test at 14:12, 18th January 2011

Download speedachieved during the test was - 762 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps

0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 142

My ISP have put me on a different product that is less affected by contention issues, the result is an increase from 400 - 500 kbps to 1000 1200 kpbs. There will not be a full fix to this until the new DSLAM is installed in February.

Like the poster above I too have also had speeds of close to 7000 kbps, however when that VP filled up the issues returned, I too also live in the Park Central area. Why BT can't install ADSL 2+ on this exchange I'll never know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chunbon
Beginner
Message 99 of 142

RD123 may I ask, who quoted you the date in February for the new DSLAM to be installed?

0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 142

BT Operate who look after the exchanges produce a weekly update on a Friday of scheduled work, my ISP (plusnet) who are owned by BT have advised this is the date for the work to be carried out.

0 Ratings