cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 142

Re: Slow broadband on the Smallbrook exchange.

I have just this second had a phone call from BT and they said that the fix date is friday!

Lets hope so, but with their previous record I doubt it very much 😞

Tom
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 142

Fingers crossed.

But as you say we've heard it before, now we need to hassle them for an ADSL 2+ upgrade to allow us to join the 21st century.

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 142

I found this website which shows BT's planned work until April; Smallbrook isn't on the list!

http://clueless.aaisp.net.uk/pew.cgi

Tom
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 142

There are however a lot of non listed pews shown on that site so although the exchange is not mentioned there it could be among those shown as no details
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 142

Wel,l Friday has came and went and if anything it was worse than normal this weekend.

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 142

Maybe they meant next Friday, or the one after that, or the one after that, or maybe the one after that?

Tom
0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 142

Guess what? Still not fixed!!

I implore you to complain to OTELO; it costs BT ~Β£40 for each and every complaint!

Tom
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 142

Estimated fix date from my ISP is still 28th Feb. That will be 6 months solid of this substandard nonsense.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 109 of 142

@ thomasgrocott If this is still not fixed can you send in an email with your details and forum username and we'll take a further look for you?

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Krud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 142

How about we all send our email with details and forum username as this is not a problem for a single user. He's just been more vocal about it (and has threatened with filing an official complaint).

I've been told 3 different fix-by dates and every time it went past without a single difference to my line and every time I call for an update I either have to jump through several hoops to get someone who actually gives a **bleep** or I'm simply told the helpdesk have no access to this information.

I understand your job is tough enough as it is, but I still find it rather appalling that this is the first reply from a mod in a month and a half.

Do I have to contact OTELO too before I get noticed? It's an area wide problem, not a single user problem.