cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adp1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 111 of 142

Re: Slow broadband on the Smallbrook exchange.

I think we should all get together and protest....

There must be at least a couple of hundred of us who have either posted or read this thread!!!!!

RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 142

The particularly annoying thing about this whole affair is that BT are giving rural areas mostly populated by cows & sheep a date for infinity yet the city centre of the second biggest city in the whole country has had speeds of 300 - 400 kbps since September.

We have no infinity date, no WBC 21C date and six months of near dial up speeds. The idea that we will have the best broadband in Europe by 2015 is a joke.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 113 of 142

I agree!

Tom
0 Ratings
chunbon
Beginner
Message 114 of 142

Just checked: http://clueless.aaisp.net.uk/pew.cgi for BT's planned engineering works.

Smallbrook has appeared, Wednesday 9th March 02:00 to 04:00

Description:

WHEN THE CARD IS BEING RESEATED THE CUSTOMER WILL EXPERIENCE A DOWNTIME OF NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.....NORMALLY THE DOWNTIME IS LESS THAN A MINUTE AS THE CARD INITIALIZES.WHEN THE CARD IS BEING CHANGED THE CUSTOMERS ON THIS CARD WILL EXPERIENCE A DOWNTIME OF BETWEEN 5 AND 10 MINUTES AS THE CARD IS CHANGED, INITIALIZES AND SOFTWARE CHECKED AND UPGRADED IF NECESSARY.

Not entirely sure what work is actually being done. 

0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 115 of 142

This work should be unrelated to installing a new DSLAM at the exchange. I'll ask my own ISP if the date has changed on BT Operates weekly updates.
0 Ratings
chunbon
Beginner
Message 116 of 142

Yes, if you could find out that would be great!

0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 117 of 142

This is getting beyond a joke now.

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 04 Mar 11

Record last updated: 04 Feb 11

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 142

What I also think is a joke is the fact that every single month before this one on the exchange status site,  BT Wholesale have reported the VP status as green!

It has not been working properly for months and months, so the VP status should have displayed as red. This has happened before, next month it will probably go back to green, even though nothigng will have been done!

They've basically been lying to their suppliers; no wonder nothing has been sorted and we keep getting back different responses...

I AM LIVID, I don't think this will ever get sorted; i've tried everything now (short of attacking the exchange with a heavy pipe...) :S

Tom
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 119 of 142

it just gets worse and worse.

From my ISP - Plusnet (owned by BT)

We have had a reply from our suppliers informing us that the exchange you are connected to is currently experiencing high bandwidth demand. This may mean during peak hours your speed could drop. Our suppliers have confirmed they are planning to upgrade the bandwidth and have this completed by 26 April 2011.

26th of April, DISGRACEFUL! The exchange has been buggered since September when I moved into the area. I urge everybody to complain about the length of delay to both BT and the regulator, I'm certainly not paying £22.99 a month for a connection I CANNOT use.

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 142

BT are the biggest pile of .... i've ever come across!! 26th of april?!?! This is beyond a joke; this is month number 8 where ive been on the phone trying not to shout at one the other end!!

I've written a letter to BT, at OTELO's behest, which was ignored by BT, and it turns out when I phoned up today, my case has been dropped and i have to start all over again with the whole procedure!!! So I had to go through all the 'is your router switched on' etc... 

I just wish so much that I could switch to someone else with decent internet, like Virgin, but guess what, I can't!!

I dont know if any of you noticed, but BT have relaced the concrete on the outside of the telephone exchange recently. If they can do that, then why can't they replace the  MUX's or add more capacity (and it needs MUCH more capacity to sort out the problems for everyone).

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Tom
0 Ratings