cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 142

Re: Slow broadband on the Smallbrook exchange.

That's just **bleep** retarded. Too complicated and expensive? How about all us people stuck with these **bleep**ing awfull speeds? This exchange hasn't seen work in 4 years yet they keep pumping more users into the system.
0 Ratings
leestanley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 142

" I'm gonna try and pull out of my contract."

And where will that leave you? With no broadband at all unless you're lucky enough to live in one of the few streets with Virgin Media's cable around here. Get broadband from anyone else and guess where you're connected? BT's Smallbrook Exchange.

I notice today I walk past the Calthorpe exchange on Pershore Road on the way to work. Bet no-one has any problems there Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Thierry121
Contributor
Message 63 of 142

Well paying full whack for this pile of S*** in my mind, is not worth it... Besides I can check my emails on my phone and at work. F*** it, I'm not gonna wait for them to spend any of their profits to upgrade our less important exchange.
0 Ratings
Thierry121
Contributor
Message 64 of 142

I'm going to complain and raise as much noise as I can about this issue, to further shake up BT to do something. I suggest everyone else complains and contacts Otelo (Broadband Ofcom) too. Any further updates would be appreciated and I think this forum already has its fair share of angry customers.

0 Ratings
adp1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 142

I think we should all not only complain to otelo but also BBC watchdog, if enough of us write in I'm sure Anne Robinson would be great at grilling the BT boss! Birmingham is the 2nd city yet we are treated like a tiny rural village when it comes down to broadband and the like!

I've had to post this through my iPhone on 3G as this site is still loading after 10 minutes on my pc!
0 Ratings
Thierry121
Contributor
Message 66 of 142

Hey Moderators, what can I do?

@ 19:45 04/12/2010

Download speedachieved during the test was - 503 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 2:11:57
Downstream8,128 Kbps
Upstream

448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.5 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)5.0 dB / 5.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)7.8 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)1
0 Ratings
in_d
Beginner
Message 67 of 142

Good evening everyone,

As with everyone posting in this thread, I too have been suffering from the simply unacceptable speeds being provided by BT from this oversubscribed exchange. I have an ongoing complaint with BT which started towards the beginning of October. I too was advised of the work being carried out on the exchange, which should have completed by now, but there has been no improvement of my internet experience.

I will have an update on Wednesday after I have spoken to the officer dealing with my complaint, but having read that the scheduled work has now been delayed, I have a number of new concerns I will raise! For anyone considering raising a complaint, I did so using the contact us form on the BT website, which was routed through to the UK based customer care team.

I wanted to make people aware of the following link I have received, which is basically a competition to see which exchange will get the upgrade to Fibre Optic. This won't happen to 2012, but please share this with as many people as you can to make sure we are doing everything we can to improve speeds.

http://www.racetoinfinity.bt.com/

Also please take into consideration the following observation I have made in my 18 months of being connected to the Smallbrook Exchange.

Internet speeds normally improve out of term time when students return to their home towns. As far as I am aware, the universities in Birmingham break up around the 17th December, so there may be a temporary improvement in speeds. If anyone has a complaint open, please do not accept this as a resolution to your problem as it will only return in January when everyone moves back.

My most recent results;

Download speedachieved during the test was - 279 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

Thierry121
Contributor
Message 68 of 142

Has anyone else's fault page changed? I wish they'll fix it by now, because I'm sick of the constant calling to BT. When they install cable at the exchange in Sept, could I join virgin's service? Cause quite frankly BT have disappointed me long enough. 

0 Ratings
in_d
Beginner
Message 69 of 142

I'm not aware of any plans to have cable installed in September..? Where did you see that?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Thierry121
Contributor
Message 70 of 142

I saw it on the bt infinity website, it said sept 30 2011, birmingham central. Hopefully that means our exchange too since I think we are about as central as it gets...

0 Ratings