cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 142

Re: Slow broadband on the Smallbrook exchange.

I have just this second had a phone call from BT and they said that the fix date is friday!

Lets hope so, but with their previous record I doubt it very much 😞

Tom
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 142

Fingers crossed.

But as you say we've heard it before, now we need to hassle them for an ADSL 2+ upgrade to allow us to join the 21st century.

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 142

I found this website which shows BT's planned work until April; Smallbrook isn't on the list!

http://clueless.aaisp.net.uk/pew.cgi

Tom
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 142

There are however a lot of non listed pews shown on that site so although the exchange is not mentioned there it could be among those shown as no details
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 142

Wel,l Friday has came and went and if anything it was worse than normal this weekend.

0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 142

Maybe they meant next Friday, or the one after that, or the one after that, or maybe the one after that?

Tom
0 Ratings
thomasgrocott
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 142

Guess what? Still not fixed!!

I implore you to complain to OTELO; it costs BT ~£40 for each and every complaint!

Tom
0 Ratings
RD123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 142

Estimated fix date from my ISP is still 28th Feb. That will be 6 months solid of this substandard nonsense.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 109 of 142

@ thomasgrocott If this is still not fixed can you send in an email with your details and forum username and we'll take a further look for you?

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Krud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 142

How about we all send our email with details and forum username as this is not a problem for a single user. He's just been more vocal about it (and has threatened with filing an official complaint).

I've been told 3 different fix-by dates and every time it went past without a single difference to my line and every time I call for an update I either have to jump through several hoops to get someone who actually gives a **bleep** or I'm simply told the helpdesk have no access to this information.

I understand your job is tough enough as it is, but I still find it rather appalling that this is the first reply from a mod in a month and a half.

Do I have to contact OTELO too before I get noticed? It's an area wide problem, not a single user problem.