I wonder if anyone can help. My local exchange was 'upgraded' on 14th August, immediately following that my Broadband speed has halved and never recovered, I used to get approx 7Mbps connection speed with a 5.8 ~ 6.3 Mbps down load speed. SInce then and upto now I only get a connection speed of approx 3.3Mbps with a download speed of around 2.8Mbps.
Since we have BT Vision this is now close to the limit of what it requires to work for on demand content.
I have spoken to BT Technical on a number of occasions. At first they told me it was my router (HomeHub V1) and that I could have a new one if a signed up for another 12 months. Since I doubted this and I also had a Home Hub V1.5 router I swapped to this router and it gave the same results! This was on the 7th September.
Since then I have spoken to BT Technical on a number of occasions, always this involves the same path - get asked whether I have tried different microfilter, connection to the main socket blah blah. Then they check the exchange, it comes up with a CC12 ADQ error, they ask BT Wholesale to investigate, BT Wholesale clear the error, BT technical ring back, ask me if speed is any better, tell them no, they say they will reset the line profile, this makes no difference!
If I ring again then we just go round in the same circle again.
Has anyone got any ideas or can someone sort this out, fed up of pointless phone calls at the moment!
Here are the line statistics from the BT Home Hub (V1.5) as things currently stand.:
Hope someone can help,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Your speed has been reduced due to all the disconnects and restarts.
You must leave your home hub turned on and connected to your phone line for at least five days.
During that time, do not reset or disconnect it.
If your download speed has not increased after that time, then return to this thread for assistance.
If you do any speed tests, do not restart your router.
Thanks for your response, I haven't disconnected or restarted the router since last Saturday (8th September), any disconnects that are happening must be something to do with the BT line. Before all this started happening I easily got an uptime of over 30 days.
I have no control over whether the hub stays connected or not though, so how can I maintain a stable connection?
Does the hub restart itself, or just disconnects?
Where is it plugged in at the moment, is it in the test socket as shown here?
This position would eliminate any internal wiring issues.
It just disconnects and reconnects to the line itself as far as I can see. I have tried plugging into the master socket but it's one of the really old style smaller ones without the removable half faceplate with a test socket, it didn't make any difference anyway. Normally the hub is plugged into a hardwired extension (i.e. is wired into the back of the mater socket) which I put in about four years ago.
The speed issues occured exactly to the day when the exchange was upgraded.
Well 12 days later and still no improvement. Changed back to the homehub V1.0 (10 days ago) as the Homehub V1.5 was to unstable and kept dropping connection every few hours.
Spoke to BT technical last Sunday, they agreed to send me a new HomeHub in the end. This has now been lost / stolen during delivery - what a farce. Spoke to BT Technical again last night, went through the same sets of testing same results. Technical this time said I shouldn't have been sent a new homehub anyway as I was not in contract!
Reading through this forum and others it seems that there are a lot of people reporting speed issues (speed halving from original sync/download speed) when exchange has been upgraded to ADSL 2+ and the home hub is V1.0 or V1.5.
The tech i spoke to last night seemed to think it was the homehub but said i wouldn't get another one unless I signed a new contract. Told him there was no way I would sign a new contract when their customer service was so poor and they are unable to resolve problems.
He stated he would reset the I.P. profile. This morning download SNR has shot up to 30db (has got down to 18db) last night and sync speed was lower.
It seems to me that BT know there is an issue with HH V1.0 and V1.5 and ADSL 2+ but rather than send you a new router ask that you sign up to a new contract. This seems partly a ruse just to tie people into another 12 month contract.
My neighbours have the same set up and are experiencing the same problems since the exchange upgrade!
The home hub 1.0 is fine on ADSL2+, I use one.
Most of the issues after upgrade to ADLS2+, are due to internal wiring problems, as ADSL2+ uses double the frequency bandwidth, which makes it more susceptible to interference from any wiring.