cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 38

Re: Slow broadband speeds in E14 / Poplar / Isle of Dogs

Hi you are on an up to 8mb service could you please post the results of the bt speed test in full as the information will help use how to advise further
0 Ratings
ade1980
Beginner
Message 22 of 38

i'm on standard BT 5/Mbps for docklands. but i've never seen it above 1.5 yet. I called BT again earlier. They're saying it's been escalated again but we'll see what good that does. 

Results from BT's speed checker are on my last post?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 38

your last post only contains your hub stats no bt speed test this is the link again to the speedtest http://speedtester.bt.com/
0 Ratings
ade1980
Beginner
Message 24 of 38

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed198 Kbps 0 Kbps2000 KbpsMax Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 198 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 800-2000 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :2336 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 2060 Kbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed47 Kbps 0 Kbps448 KbpsMax Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 47 Kbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 448 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 38

Hi how are you connecting to your hub wireless or Ethernet cable?
0 Ratings
ade1980
Beginner
Message 26 of 38

I'm connected through wireless generally but have also exhausted the ethernet cable option. We had an engineer round last week AGAIN to try and sort it out. No change in service. Why am i paying for 0.22/Kbps? This internet is useless for what i need it for, yet BT can only tell me that there will be compensation when they fix the issue. But if they're not willing to invest in the area or confirm when specifically the problems are going to stop, HOW is that supposed to convince anyone that they'll ever see compensation for it? 

I spoke to the Customer Service guys twice again last week also. Still no idea what's causing the problems, any commitment on how to resolve it, just empty apologies, the odd "well it shouldnt be THAT slow" and then another promise to call back, that never happens. Awesome service again, BT. Notihng if not consistent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 38

Hi there are major exchange upgrades currently going on at the poplar exchange this hope fully should be over in the next fewdays it may be with you checking the broad band status pages the link can be found in the stickies at thehelp of this board or by using the automated status line on 08001690199 for further up dates
0 Ratings
Stutch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 38

I am still suffering from slow speeds although, luckily, slightly better than everyone else. This speed has been consistent since I got BT about a month ago.

D47o.screenshot_10-19-2011_10-58 PM.png

ocka.screenshot_10-19-2011_10-59 PM.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 38

Further to my earlier post upgrade work at the poplar exchange are still ongoing and should be completed shortly the automated status line should keep you informed as can the service status web site details
as can be found in the stickies at the top of this board
0 Ratings
Stutch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 38

john, these speeds have been happening before the Poplar work this week.

Having said that, does the upgrade work being done at Poplar mean that we may soon see Infinity?

0 Ratings