cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 38

Re: Slow broadband speeds in E14 / Poplar / Isle of Dogs

Hi no it is NOT infinity work it is normal broadband upgrading eg adslMax and21cn hope fully your speeds should improve after the works are completed
0 Ratings
yujyh
Message 32 of 38

one year after and still no improvement on the doorsteps of canary wharf or the olympic park; my home is at the poplar exchange and we get that:

on Exchange POPLAR

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 4Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 12Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

and my office is in stratford, next to olympic park, and we get the same slow speeds...

Does not seem right that we are getting upgraded so late, I cant even find any rollout plan yet, it is all new high rises here, strange

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 38

installing fibre in high rises is a long and complex task and requires the permission and co operation of the buildings management companies
0 Ratings
damian1000
Beginner
Message 34 of 38

Does it really? I thought the fibre only goes from the exchange to the cabinet and then from there its standard existing copper onto the property. That’s why it’s called FTTC  Fibre-to-the-Cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 38

a lot of the high rises in your area are going straight to fibre to premises not fibre to cabinet

0 Ratings
damian1000
Beginner
Message 36 of 38

thanks for your quick answer, how can I find out what high rises are doing this and what the ETA is for my high rise?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 38

Try contact the management team for your high rise and see if they are in talks with Openreach
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 38

I'd ask your landlord as they need to give permission before openreach do anything, and a lot seem to be slow to respond on the issue.
0 Ratings