cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
toni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: Slow connection, and BT Tech support joke.

Ive have very similar slow mo connections..when I get a connection..see my rant on intermittent connections..Im a regular daily caller to our brethern on the other side of the world to whom I have to explain the same sorry saga every **bleep** night..they say the same things..the same checks..the same sorries..nothing changes..

If you dig deep enough you can see exactly when the next BT upgrade to fibre optics is..my area is well into next year, if at all..despite what the  BT IT support say..

Im not paying BT this gross amount of money each month for a **bleep** service when I could get broadband cable for less and use skpye at 2p/min for all calls over the internet..day or night, to mobiles and landlines ...its a bit of a no brainer..

0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

bt engineer couldnt find a fault 😞

could it be a dodgy router? can I plug in the spare router I have?

as it's only happening during the evening the engineer says it could be that we need to be moved onto another slot?

0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

so far:

tried on 3 different routers (1 bt, 2 netgear)

2 engineer house calls

an engineer to the exchange

a bt wholesale line check

and all that can be said is that they want to send me another bt home hub router to check....... this is such a joke.

the engineers have only been during the day (when it's not busy) and it's not only my line that's the issue, we connected to someone elses internet the other day and they had the same speed.

will 21cn resolve this issue?

0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 24 of 32

this is now beyond a joke. 2 MONTHS ON and still no resolution.

the engineer that came round on the 22nd said there was no problem, but there was. 2 days later, an engineer to the exchange also said there was no problem, there was. today an engineer did a check and said there was STILL no problem! AND THERE STILL IS! After all this expense you would think BT would send an engineer to my house at the time the problem occurs! NOT MIDDLE OF THE DAY WHEN THERE IS NO ONE ON! And what solution have they come up with? Another engineer for between 1 and 6!!!!!!! but the problem starts from 6 onwards!!!

Friday is the last attempt. if it's not fixed I'm leaving BT because they clearly don't have the capacity to take a customers problem seriously. How can it take a month to try fix a problem and STILL not know what it is!?

0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 25 of 32

Still nothing is sorted - I can't even leave because no other company has capacity at the exchange :(((((

I emailed the mod team - and nobody replied 😞 that was over a month ago 😞 as a web developer this is infuriating, 8 engineers come to my house and tell me my line is fine only for me to turn around and show the BT speedtester results. it's clearly not fine. I'm reporting the company to ofcom on monday 😞 I am sick of this company. and I have no choice but to be stuck with them. the customer service is a joke, the engineers don't care about the problem (I was literally told "I'm only paid to do a test on the line") and the service is beyond poor.... at the same time, my neighbours broadband is fine!

0 Ratings
riffatiqbal
Contributor
Message 26 of 32

I feel real bad for you, you must be living in woods.

This Test comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
125 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 125 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

thats a bad speed mate! here is mine, but i have problem to, sometimes it goes up, then sometimes it goes down

Download Speed
35108 Kbps

0 Kbps38718 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
> Download speedachieved during the test was - 35108 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38718 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -38718 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
8096 Kbps

0 Kbps10000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8096 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Hi Steven

Sorry if you received no reply from the Moderation Team, can you remember if you got an email confirming it had been received.

If you want us to chase this for you email me at that the address in my profile and we can investigate what is happening.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 28 of 32

ok will email you 

0 Ratings
doomer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 32

i'm having the same problems which i posted about i just got a download of 22 kb/s, i really dont wanna call the tech support in india and get fobbed off with excuses.

I keep blaming  my router but i am getting good download speeds in the early hours of the morning. And it would seem wierd for so many routers to be failing at the same time.

Its odvsiouly a problem with their service with so many people have exactly the same issues with the speed tests all coming back ok.

If its no better by monday i'm going to ring their "tech support" if i am not happy with what happens i am gonna switch isp.

I'm not paying 25 quid a month for a service i can only use when everyone is in bed.

0 Ratings
stevenazari
Contributor
Message 30 of 32

emailed the mod team again.

doomer, I'm on the poplar exchange. my neighbour has a fine service. that's what's annoying me the most, and a friend that moved down the road recently just got bt installed - again, their service is fine.

but apparently not me.

0 Ratings