Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 31

Re: Slow connection from network to hub - from BT speedtest

Go to solution

so at present your connection speed is 50.41 Mbps with noise margin about normal 6db  now just a matter of leaving hub alone and see if it remains stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks, no problem - we never touch the hun unless asked to reset by BT or if there's a power cut 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

just need to keep checking just in case drops connection when not in use especially during the night

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution
Thank you. I'll keep checking the stats each day for a week or so and see what occurs. You've been a great help 🙂
0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

OK so I've been checking the hub stats as advised and I think this is now fixed 🙂  Sync rate has graduallay increased and at 8.00am today was 50.56 and at 11.30 was 59.04 see pics attached.  The hub does appear to have been switched on/off however we have not done so at home.  I'm guessing this is to do with what is referred to as DLM?  Anyway whatever it is long may it continue and thank you for the advice on here.  @imjolly

HH6 241117 8.01am.jpeghh6 241117 11.30.jpeghh6241117  11.30am.jpeg

0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution
Whoops hit send too soon The initial message that caused me concern has gone - the one that mentioned slow connection from network to hub.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution
Speed now almost max attainable with noise margin about normal 6db hopefully it will remain stable

sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

Hello, me again 🙂  I've been keeping an eye on the hub stats as advised and the speed has continued to gradually increase as follows:

24/11/17     15.44/59.04 Mbps     6.1/6.2 dB                0 Days.    1 Hour 2 minutes 
27/11/17     15.29/61.21             6.0/5.3                     0 Days 11 Hours 33 minutes(System 3 days, 3 hours)
28/11/17     15.36/65.95             6.1/4.3                     0 Days 2 hours 31 minutes (System 4 Days, 3 hours 5 minutes)
30/11/17     15.67/68.00             6.1/3.3                     0 days, 3 hours 10 minutes for both network and system

Obviously I'm thrilled with the improvement and the connection appears to me to be stable.  My question is regarding the DSL and System uptime - is the usual for the hub to reset (if that's what is happening) - it seems to be overnight/early hours.  The engineer was here on 21 November so is it possible that it's still in a monitoring period?  Should I continue to monitor the uptime and hub?

Thanks again - happy Thursday and I hope it's not snowing with you like it is here 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

looking goodthumbs up smiley.gif

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

The resets are DLM doing its stuff and re-syncing the line at the higher speed.