Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Slow connection from network to hub - from BT speedtest

Go to solution

that's good  please update after engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

Will do.  Just been out with the dogs and there are some Openreach engineers in a cable pit along the road.  Could be a coincindence but my hubby said they were there last week too. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

probably coincidence but your never know

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Update:  A very nice engineer called today and appeared to be very thorough.  First he checked the line (pair test?) which showed no faults or problems.  He got an estimate of distance from cabinet (approx 700 meters) and then he tested the broadband with the same spped results as above. (44/17) He reset the line which increased the speed to 49 and the noise reduced to 6.2 and then he went off to do some further testing remotely (presumably the cabinet) and told me he would write up a comprehensive report for BT.  He basically said that this as is fast as we're likely to get and he expects it might drop back to 44 in due course.

I'm not sure whether BT will contact me or just send a text saying that all is OK.  

I'll wait a couple of days and see what occurs.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

Your line was previously banded by DLM at 44M, the DLM reset has removed the banding. As long as your line remains stable, and whatever caused the banding to be applied in the first place doesn't return, your speed should remain at its present level or possibly increase after a couple of days if G.Inp kicks in.

0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution
Thank you. I have no complaints re the reliability or speed really. It does for what we use. My issue is that I was given to understand we could attain Infinity 1 speeds up to 65. I would never have agreed to a contract until Feb 2019 if the estimate was more accurate. We live and learn 🙂
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

Infinity 1 is up to 55M. Not sure about the contract bit, your speed will be exactly the same whichever provider you use.

0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution
Sorry I meant Infinity 2 - I pay for up to 76 mbps 🙂
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

can you post new stats to compare against the previous set

0 Ratings
sopisue75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Hub 211117.jpegHH2 211117.jpeg

Do you mean these stats? Thank you

0 Ratings