cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Churchy93
Message 1 of 7

Slow connection speed, 3rd time in 2 Months

Go to solution

Getting pretty sick of this now it has happen 3 times now in 2 months, my connection speed has dropped to 0.20Mbps. What's going on, it's has never happened between 2004 to September 2012, It's stopping me from playing online games, it takes ages to load webpages and it takes ages to load youtube videos even in 240p. and nothing has been changed or moved. 

My router is a BT voyager 2091, I tried the BT speed checker, but they said my connection was too slow -.-

Current results:

Help?!

Thanks Ben

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Slow connection speed, 3rd time in 2 Months

Go to solution

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Churchy93
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Microfilter install correctly to an older master socket, quiet line test had no problems, no noise, no hissing.

Hope this helps more

Ben

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You are in a banded profile caused by disconnections of your router you MUST maintain at least 5 days stable connection with NO manual restarts of the router for the banding to release automatically you are currently only showing 18 hours  connection time

edited time  to hours thanks imj Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Churchy93
Message 5 of 7

5 Days!? I haven't touched the router or anything though...

Go to solution

5 Days!? I haven't touched the router or anything though 😕 do all ISP do this? 

Thanks Ben

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Re: 5 Days!? I haven't touched the router or anything though...

Go to solution

I think line up time is 18hrs

have you disconnected the bellwire on terminal 3 in all your sockets as this is a well know cause of noise on the line  see here

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Re: 5 Days!? I haven't touched the router or anything though...

Go to solution
yes all isps that use the BT Wholesale network operate in the same way your line has been through a period of instability that has caused the banding all you can now do is maintain a stable connection and after 5 days it will release automatically once the exchange equipment see the line as stable
0 Ratings