imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 36

Re: Slow connection

Go to solution

Then did you try a new rj11 modem cable?  Connection should be test/filter/rj11/hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
peterbrook279
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

No, is a spare one provided in the box?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

No you only get one supplied

from looking back at older posts you had a 17mb connection speed so unless something has changed your current speed is very low suggesting a line problem which could easily also be a filter or cable problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
peterbrook279
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

So am I best ringing for technical assistance?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

you can try customer services but if the problem is internal then you wil get charged £129.99 for the callout hence why better to eliminate everything back to test socket so problem should then be outwith your home

0 Ratings
peterbrook279
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

Yup I've tried a new filter, how do I get my hands on a new cable?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

you can buy one RJ11 (amaz0n) - good ones are shielded and look like this  belkin shielded rj11_.jpg

0 Ratings
peterbrook279
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

Belkin 10m RJ11 Male to Male Hi-Speed Internet Modem Cable - White

Is this the right sort?

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution

that's an rj11 cable but not shielded.  I would post a link but not permitted on forum hence why I posted a pic

you can also try the auction site

0 Ratings
peterbrook279
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

New RJ11 cable in place and no improvement in speed.

0 Ratings