cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave1966uk
Message 1 of 8

Slow delivery of Texts from landline to mobile

Hi

Anyone else suffer from long delays from BT Landline to mobile (Orange, Vodafone and Tesco that I know of) when texting?  Seems to range from 2 to 8 hours and always exact hours from being sent.

Such delays negate using the service but mobile reception at home is minimal (strong on the reception end) hence the use of the landline.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Slow delivery of Texts from landline to mobile

Thanks for posting dave1966uk. Sorry for the delay you are experiencing when sending texts from your landline. We can't guarantee delivery times for text messages as BT aren’t responsible for the entire Network that the text message crosses.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
KremmenUK
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I received a SMS text on my O2 handset 24 hours after it had been sent from a BT landline phone. Unfortunately not an isolated incident.

getting quite annoyed with it

0 Ratings
grayley
Message 4 of 8

i am also having the same problem with delayed texts...sometimes up to two days before my mobile and other mobiles receive my landline texts. any help gladly received.
0 Ratings
grayley
Message 5 of 8

i have that same delayed problem........did you get it working in the end? as B.t helpline staff not very helpful.
0 Ratings
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

this iso why you use a mobile to text and not a landline

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

As was posted earlier BT are not responsible for all the network that the message travels over
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

tried out of curiosity to see the time taken and texting from my dect panasonic to my S2 mobile took less than 2mins to be received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings