cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
passthesalt
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Slow download speed.

I shoud be getting 60mb and am currently only getting 28mb after doing a wired speedtest. My exchange was down last week for a period of 3 days. I contacted BT Technical support and they said all appears well with my line now that was last wednesday. Exchange is Cheetham Hill Manchester. BT are normally very good speed wise but this past week is really poor. Anyone else having these problems.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 3

Re: Slow download speed.

Hi passthesalt,

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

How are things with your BT Infinity speed now?  Are you seeing an improvement?  If you're using the Hub 5 can you access the Hub manager by typing bthome.home in your browser?  You want to click troubleshooting and then helpdesk.  Post lines 1-12 so the community can see the current performance of your connection.

If you could also run this > speed test using a wired connection and post those results too that would be great!

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
passthesalt
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Slow download speed.

Hi RobbieMac, an update for you i had two BT Engineers visit my property yestreday, they done several checks and the broadband was back to 60 MB which i expected the past 3 days before that i was getting 25 MB download speed. Throughout yesterday i was getting 60MB no problems at all. However today its back to 25 MB. Just done the Speedtest you mentioned through a wired connection and result was as follows.

Download speed 27. 69

Upload speed     14.04

Ping Latency     61.00

This test was done through http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/.   I have done several other speedtest and all come back with the same result around the 25 Mb mark.  I just find it weird that the Engineers sorted the problem and now im back at 25mb download. 

0 Ratings