cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Slow download speeds

I have BT Infinity 2 with Home Hub 4 - Type A and we are 0.7 miles from the exchange. I am only getting download speeds of 14 Mbs. The BT Broadband Availability Checker says for the exchange says VDSL Range A High 35 Low 27.4, VDSL range B High 26.6 Low 14.

Other reports in our area show people getting download speeds of 43 from BT Infinity . Should we only be getting 14 ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Slow download speeds

What modem do you have?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Wired or wireless connection?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Its a BT Openreach Modem

0 Ratings
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

It is 15Mbs on wired connection and 14.7 on wireless

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

are you suing the test socket with a new filter to eliminate problems with internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

It is one of those double sockets so I thought it doesn't need a filter, but perhaps I should try that ?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

it doesn't need a separate filter but you can try test socket with a filter  test scket shown by black arrow

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

I am not sure what kind of modem it is . It says ECI Telecom Ltd Item Code 061513 on the back
0 Ratings
Truffle1234
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thanks imjolly I will try that But how do j get a filter ? From BT ?
0 Ratings