So the evening draws to an end, I'm off to bed and my speeds are back up as everyone clocks off for the night...
Hi @Sparx and thanks for posting.
If you haven't already done so can you drop me over an email with your details and I'll try to find out what's happeneing with this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.
Thanks have done so.
Just another slow evening, 15Mb but still no where near the 52Mb I'm paying for... Clear congestion, it needs sorting out. Either I get put on another segment at the exchange (if possible) that's not so crammed where I can get the speeds I'm paying for...
Otherwise I will end up cancelling and moving back to Sky or someone else! And BT can go swivel if they think they can charge early termination fees as well... 😄
I'm not going to waste my time doing this periodically throughout the day anymore, I've proven my point.
EDIT: Oh and the phone call today, I couldn't answer as was at work, which I told the woman initially when I reported I likely will not be able to. But I asked they either leave me a VM explaining what's happening or email me. So what happened? I was left a VM by a lady with poor English stating "Hi this is a call from BT regarding broadband. A call about broadband fault. Which you reported so I called, if you are facing any problems you can call back or you can text us and we call you back."
So I rang the 0800 number back, got a pre-recorded msg "we will call you back if needed" I noticed the voicemail showed as a landline from Falkirk, Scotland. Rang this back and the number just rang and rang, no message or where it was going. Tried to text the LL back (you can't text 08 numbers) and this bounced.
So who on earth am I supposed to be texting to get them to call me back? Absolute joke and waste of time.
You will need to wait until one of the moderators contacts you. There is a delay of about five working days at the moment.
As for cancelling without paying cancellation fees, here ar BTs conditions.
Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:
So you see that download speeds are not included as a reason, as thes can be sorted once the exchange affected is identified, and BT Wholesale increase the capacity.
Thanks, looks like I am satisfying the criteria then reading the above can't see where I haven't so far. I don't have a problem allowing 28 days for the fix since I reported it.
One thing I am is patient and reasonable, but I'm not having the pee taken out of me and going through hoops while BT persistently delay me and the issue.
I'm more than happy to stay with BT if the capacity issues are sorted within 28 days. If not then I will be moving else where.
Got your voicemail today. Tonight speeds perfectly fine, I will keep monitoring this week.
What's changed, if anything?
20:17 (speed test server time an hour out)