Go to solution

Another posters post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 34

Re: Slow evening speeds Infinity 1

Go to solution

So the evening draws to an end, I'm off to bed and my speeds are back up as everyone clocks off for the night...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @Sparx and thanks for posting.

If you haven't already done so can you drop me over an email with your details and I'll try to find out what's happeneing with this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

Hi David

Thanks have done so.

Ref *****-*****

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Sparx.

We deal with emails in turn so once you reach the top of the queue we'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

Just another slow evening, 15Mb but still no where near the 52Mb I'm paying for... Clear congestion, it needs sorting out. Either I get put on another segment at the exchange (if possible) that's not so crammed where I can get the speeds I'm paying for...

Otherwise I will end up cancelling and moving back to Sky or someone else! And BT can go swivel if they think they can charge early termination fees as well... 😄

I'm not going to waste my time doing this periodically throughout the day anymore, I've proven my point.

EDIT: Oh and the phone call today, I couldn't answer as was at work, which I told the woman initially when I reported I likely will not be able to. But I asked they either leave me a VM explaining what's happening or email me. So what happened? I was left a VM by a lady with poor English stating "Hi this is a call from BT regarding broadband. A call about broadband fault. Which you reported so I called, if you are facing any problems you can call back or you can text us and we call you back."

So I rang the 0800 number back, got a pre-recorded msg "we will call you back if needed" I noticed the voicemail showed as a landline from Falkirk, Scotland. Rang this back and the number just rang and rang, no message or where it was going. Tried to text the LL back (you can't text 08 numbers) and this bounced.

So who on earth am I supposed to be texting to get them to call me back? Absolute joke and waste of time.

19-10-2016 21_48 - BTW Performance Test.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

@Sparx

You will need to wait until one of the moderators contacts you. There is a delay of about five working days at the moment.

As for cancelling without paying cancellation fees, here ar BTs conditions.

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale system speedtest* is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT is allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
  • you will be able to cease without penalty if BT is still unable to improve the speed measured by the BT Wholesale speedtest above your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed.
  • the Minimum Guaranteed Speed relates to line speed only, not to download speeds.

So you see that download speeds are not included as a reason, as thes can be sorted once the exchange affected is identified, and BT Wholesale increase the capacity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

Hi Keith

Thanks, looks like I am satisfying the criteria then reading the above can't see where I haven't so far. I don't have a problem allowing 28 days for the fix since I reported it.

One thing I am is patient and reasonable, but I'm not having the pee taken out of me and going through hoops while BT persistently delay me and the issue.

I'm more than happy to stay with BT if the capacity issues are sorted within 28 days. If not then I will be moving else where.

Cheers 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Hi David,

Got your voicemail today. Tonight speeds perfectly fine, I will keep monitoring this week.

What's changed, if anything?

20:17 (speed test server time an hour out)

22:15

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution
I suspect you've been switched to a different VP or more capacity has been provided.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings