Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peteemac
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: Slow evening speeds Infinity 1

I'm on the below exchange and tonight sees my speeds hitting a new low 😞

I'm actually getting slower speeds than I was pre fibre and was as low as 5Mbps earlier this evening.

Surely there must be somebody I can speak with to get this resolved? If I went back to ADSL which I used to get a solid 13Mbps would I encounter these issues also or is it purely an issue with the fibre traffic?

Exchange LITTLEBOROUGH is served by Cabinet 9

speedtest2.JPG

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

There is no one you can talk too all you can do is as already posted is wait for BT Wholesale to increase capacity it is outside The call centres remit
0 Ratings
pickleviper
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Really hope they get around to fixing this problem soon, as the download speeds in the evening are getting really bad. I have just got a download speed of 4.28mbs using the BTW Performance Test, so much below what I should be getting (50mbs+) that it is pretty much a joke. I have run the further diagnostics option so hopefully it will flag up to BT Wholesale as pippincp said in an earlier post.

I get above 50mbs in the mornings and most of the afternoon, then it starts gettings lower after 4pm, until it hits a low between 8pm and 11pm. After midnight it gets to just over 50 again. Customer support can only say that the speed going to my hub looks fine to them, though this is not the case my end. It must be to do with peak times, as otherwise why would it consistantly only happen during these periods?

I'm sure that this problem must be affecting thousands of people countrywide as lots of people have posted on the forums that they get this exact problem, but I expect many other people do not even know, as it is still possible to stream and play online at lower speeds, it's only if you actually run a speed test or download a large file that it really becomes apparent. I would assume that BT Wholesale priortises upgrading the VPs in the areas where most people are aware of the problem. I could be wrong.

Sorry to hijack your topic, peteemac, but in a way it is good to know that other people are having this problem, as GTW will have to eventually sort it out. Hopefully.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

wholesale constantly upgrade VP's it just take time to get work done
0 Ratings