Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Slow internet speed after storm

Go to solution
About 10 - 12 days ago we had a bad storm in my area which caused a brief powercut and also seemed to fry my home hub 5! I've since been sent a new hub5 (been plugged in for a week) but my internet speed has totally tanked.

Now, my internet speed has never been anything special anyway ( about 2.5 - 3.5 download), but since the new hub5 came it has been awful (0.6 - 0.9 download, roughly). I'm just wondering whether this is just a case of having to be patient and wait for the speed to pick up with the new hub, or whether the storm has actually caused some damage?

I can't do any checks of my line other than a quick speed check on my mobile as I don't have a landline phone or computer. I only really use the internet for my mobile/games consoles etc...

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks, Luke.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Slow internet speed after storm

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from the hub?

Can you also put your phone number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @MoldyMojoMonkey and welcome.

Has the connection been 'up' for the 10 - 12 day period or have there been drops? If you can give us the details as requested by @Webby I'm sure we'll be able to help. Can you also try running the speed test including the further diagnostics and post the results?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-24-10.pngScreenshot_2017-07-26-10-24-32.png

0 Ratings
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Hi guys, thanks for the response. I'm struggling with uploading the photos, so forgive me if I take a while to respond.
I did reset my hub last night, which is the reason it says it's only beten up for 11 hours or so. I can't do the speed test as I don't have a computer to connect, unfortunately. I also have a screenshot of the dslchecker but am unable to upload as my mobile says file too large!
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Do you have a dial tone?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
With the dsl checker, just let me know which info you need from it and i'll type it up. Cheers
0 Ratings
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
I don't actually own a landline phone im afraid
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
You need to get one and test for dial tone first and foremost before going any further.

You can pick ip a basic corded phone from a local catalogue store for around £5.

Just the estimated speeds from the DSL check for all products available.
0 Ratings
MoldyMojoMonkey
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Screenshot_2017-07-26-10-59-21.png

0 Ratings