cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Slow net on evenings

I agree with imjolly not a congestion problem post another test tomorrow your ping may be a routing problem if the next test is ok then you will need the mods help to look at any possible routing issues
Derpingtons
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

But why the huge speed drop within these hours? Would that also happen with a routing problem? Its been like this for about 3 weeks everyday. It works fine all day then at 5pm its just drops. 3mbsp is not fine.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

your profile of 4500 is correct for your connection speed and your download speed is ok for your profile especially at the time during peak hours.  as I said if it starts to run slow then do btspeedtester and post the results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Derpingtons
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Okay could you tell me what IP Profile actually is? and what is "Your DSL Connection Rate" What does that mean? 

As far as i know I've never had lower speeds than 5mbps. I'm on BT total broadband right now if i move to BT infinity will my IP profile increase?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

this is better explained by some reading  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

yes your ip profile will increase when on infinity
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

your dsl connection rate is the speed your hub connects to the exchange equipment at
Derpingtons
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

Well thanks anyway.

0 Ratings