Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

In Luton having the same issues laugabaly the status page is saying ok.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 22 of 336

Go to solution
No consolation, but it's still ok here.
You will probably have searched on Google (if you get that far) and there's a website "downdetector" which gives sparse info on BT problems. Lot's of complaints, though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 336

BT Infinity Slow in Area, Can access some websites quickly but not others

Go to solution

I have internet access albeit slow, I have called the 0800 1690 1991 and my area does not come up with Broadband issues, however Tunbridge Wells does, and it has my dialling code.

I have rang BT Customer Services and they say there is no fault in my area, I have done the usual reset wrouter etc.

I have noticed I can access sites by recaching the browser (using IE & Firefox) or typing in the web address instantly, and also getting onto the BT Forum is very slow.  This applies to both browsers, all add ons etc are fully up to date, and both laptops are scanned regularly, with windows updates all done.

I also have the same issue on both laptops (one is a brand new Dell laptop), have spoken to a couple of people in my area and they too say the Broadband is slow.

Are there any known issues in the Sevenoaks area?  Or if a Moderator has a spare minute I can email more details.

I am very PC literate, so know it is not my wrouter or laptops.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 336

Re: BT Infinity Slow in Area, Can access some websites quickly but not others

Go to solution

Also wanted to add that I have BT Infinity, but when I check my postcode on the openreach website it says that it is in high demand in my area and not available to order - this is very strange as I have had it for 3 and a half years?  Is it just a problem with BT Infinity in my area?

BT Cusomer Services stated that there was a problem at my local exchange, but it is now fixed.

Any news or updates would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 336

Go to solution

Issues here too (East Grinstead) BT infinity

Been bad all day, some sites unreachable some very, very slow.

Speed tests show normal download and upload speeds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 336

Go to solution

Same here and has been bad all day. Speedtests are all normal but sites won't load or take ages. 5 different PCs and have rebooted Home hub etc. Changed to Googles DNS but doesn't seem to have helped

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 336

Go to solution
That's the strange thing, some sites I can access immediately ie ebay.com, but others with the .co.uk are much slower, you need to keep recaching the browser.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 336

Go to solution

There's definitely a problem today. After weeks of Infinity flying along I'm getting a LOT of timeouts on not just web browsing but also rsync backups to my Bitfolk VPS. As you say, speed tests are normal - 38 down, 9 up at all times of the day today.

Quite a few people have discovered that Windows 10 is starting to download to their machines today - I'm wondering if BT Retail's infrastructure is coping...

(I'm in Northamptonshire.)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 336

Go to solution

Same here in sussex on the coast

even trying to logon to this forum took a few attemps

perhaps the roll out of windows 10 and the openreach network that has no real upgrades in years but a lot more customers all expecting more

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 336

Go to solution
Same here (Hastings). Has been crawling along all day but speed tests show normal.
0 Ratings