Re: BT Infinity Slow in Area, Can access some websites quickly but not others

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Infamous786
Beginner
Message 32 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

I am having the same issue today in Peterborough, Speed test is normal. Ping is normal. Just browsing is a nightmare so slow. Sometimes pages load and sometimes just hanging. I tried to do a live chat but the chat was more about my PC rather then the issue. Defiantly something wrong on BT end.. Tried changing DNS to google no luck 

0 Ratings
MikeZ
Contributor
Message 33 of 336

Go to solution

Looking at various fora it appears that Windows 10 has started background-downloading to many PCs today. I'm wondering whether BT Retail's infrastructure is coping with the increased load...

I'm also seeing timeouts on web browsing and also some regular backups that I run to an offsite VPS.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 34 of 336

Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’re looking into it and will post back as soon as we have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 336

Go to solution
I was wondering about that, but consensus is that it's ok on PC, and Apple, using 4g.
Suppose that the web could just be overworked though....

On a different tack, There's no 4g or 3g here today, but BT infinity2 on Internet is normal.
Can't have everything!
0 Ratings
wingedwraith
Contributor
Message 36 of 336

Go to solution

Same in West Sussex, been awful all day and the reporting shows nothing wrong for my exchange when this is clearly wrong. Sent it into btcare twitter but they just routed me back to the checker which was useful 😞

Speed check comes up normal speeds but pages won't load, assume it's a large DNS fault, tried changing from Google to OpenDNS but no change.

Neil

Contributor
Message 37 of 336

Go to solution

In addition noticed that it seems to be worse on encrypted and secure HTTPS traffic. Loading this page took four attempts!

Neil

Beginner
Message 38 of 336

Go to solution

I know been rock solid for 2 years on infinity. Think i will need a new mouse clicking websites not stop to get it to work lol

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 336

Go to solution

@MikeZ wrote:

Looking at various fora it appears that Windows 10 has started background-downloading to many PCs today. I'm wondering whether BT Retail's infrastructure is coping with the increased load...

I'm also seeing timeouts on web browsing and also some regular backups that I run to an offsite VPS.

You could be right just checked PC, and there's a 4GB W10 setup folder on /C: as of today looks like it started downloading at around 11:30AM when I first noticed issues.

Downloading that sort of amount wouldn't normally be an issue for me, but if its being done nationwide could present issues.

0 Ratings
thempstead
Beginner
Message 40 of 336

Go to solution

Getting this random slow down on some websites but not others as well this afternoon (seemed to be ok first thing this morning from what I remember).  (BT Infinity2 area code 0115).   Symptoms are more of a routing issue (possibly as said due to overloading) rather than a line issue due to the random nature of what is affected.

0 Ratings