Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pfaulkner
Beginner
Message 141 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

01324 452 504 is the UK number for customer options but they mainly deal with sales i'm told after just phoning them.

They are unaware of the issue but their systems are all down so once back up they will get me through to 2nd line support.

I directed them to this thread.

0 Ratings
purly
Beginner
Message 142 of 336

Go to solution
Similar problems in 01487 (PE28), All fine apart from browsing, webpages take awfully long time to load (if they ever do), been like this since yesterday.

Called BT and all they wanted to do was charge me £129.99 for an engineer to come out!
0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 143 of 336

Go to solution

They are not only sales, though their job is to get you off the phone so they can sell.

Some of the staff do have thier systems back online..SOME. You need to redial a few times maybe get someone with a working system. 

They can help you follow up issues with technical support even though they dont provide it directly, they can also help you with complaints and other issues.

https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/bt-british-telecom/map/

found this...dunno if its relevant..some of the comments seem to be. 

0 Ratings
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 144 of 336

Go to solution

Day 2 & it's still going on for 01332.

I've been using my phones 4G instead to get around it but highly fustrating that BT don't seem to even acknowledge the issue.

0 Ratings
Dave_
Contributor
Message 145 of 336

Go to solution

PlusNet - Planned BT Broadband Network Maintenance - Week commencing 27th July 2015 (24/07/2015 16:08)

When is this work happening?
Overnight throughout the week.

What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.

How long will it take?
Up to six hours each time.

What does the work involve?
We've received notifications from our suppliers about maintenance work that is scheduled to take place in the following areas this week. This work typically takes place between midnight and 6am.

27th July
Liverpool Huyton, Manchester Stalybridge, Peartree, Sharrow TE, Tonypandy, Barnstaple Exchange, Coventry Central, Crawley, Glasgow Douglas,London Covent Garden.

28th July
Inverkeithing, Liskard, Liverpool Stoneycroft, London Ashford, London Primrose Hill, Manchester Whitefield, Penzance, Headingley, Morley, Keighley, Chorlton, Congleton, Chislehurst, Marylebone, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Wolverhampton, Southbank, Cambridge, Chesterfield, Glasgow, London Kingston, Sittingbourne, Redruth, Stalybridge, Aberdeen North, Rhyl, St Helens, Attleborough, Leamore, Stepney, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Preston & Peterborough.

29th July
Newbury, Manchester Dial House,

30th July
Scarborough

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial

0 Ratings
Oots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 146 of 336

Go to solution

I've been getting this problem too in Lincoln. Downloaded a multi-Gigabyte game off steam in a few minutes, but websites time out and take several attempts to load. How odd.

Am glad now I didn't waste time calling tech support, it looks like turning my router off and on again is not going to help with this. Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 147 of 336

Go to solution
Well, this is the straw that broke camels back, time to get a mac code and change provider.
0 Ratings
Infamous786
Beginner
Message 148 of 336

Go to solution

Still having the same issue this morning, Wonder how long it will take BT to sort this. If this continues for days wonder worth moving to a diffrent ISP. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 149 of 336

Go to solution

@MikeyC123 wrote:
Well, this is the straw that broke camels back, time to get a mac code and change provider.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/guides/switch/

Bear in mind that many fibre providers still use BT Wholesale backhaul, so will suffer the same problems of congestion and routing issues.

0 Ratings
clairelouise2
Aspiring Expert
Message 150 of 336

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem in 01502 dialling code, since yesterday.  Good to know it's not just us, I guess they will get around to fixing it eventually.

Hub stats showing lots and lots of entries like this:  OUT: BLOCK [65] First packet is Invalid (Invalid tcp flags for current tcp state: TCP [192.168.1.71]:50859-​>[70.37.56.25]:443 on ppp3)

0 Ratings