Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 151 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

After all these reports, nationwide, from more than a few BT customers, the service status page still reports -

Capture.PNG

Do BT technical support, actually recognise a problem exists?? Because the lady i spoke to last night at BT technical support blamed wireless interference, my equipment, it was raining, the day ended with a letter Y, blah, blah....................................

Absolutely comical.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 152 of 336

Go to solution

The gotcha with all of this is that we're paying for this rubbish service. Assuming that BT do eventually admit to there being problems, can we expect some form of redress? Can we buffalo!

Clem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 153 of 336

Go to solution

Same issues as everyone else is describing in the BN22 Area, really frustrating.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 154 of 336

Go to solution

The service is just terrible, currently, im paying for...no internet, no customer service, and they cant even be bothered to set up back up databases for if their system goes down. 

Nice BT. Nice. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 155 of 336

Go to solution

@dedh119 wrote:

Can I just add the same problem here, Lowestoft. But I've found a way around it. I used CyberGhost VPN to reroute my internet through Ireland and it now works fine. I don't have the full 75Mbps download speeds (about 60Mbps) but that's more than enough for surfing and work.

I used the CyberGhost Premium package, something like £2 per month if anyone is interested in a quick fix and a solution to problems like this when they appear in the future.

Thanks,

Dave

PS I'm not scamming or anything, just happy I've found a fix.

Good idea. I've been meaning to get a VPN for a while. Decided to go with Private Internet Access. Internet now working flawlessly, and can install it on several devices at once Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 336

Go to solution

Exactly same issues here in DA12 (01474 dialling code).

Second day of appalling connetions, having to click several times on links to get web pages to load. Download/streaming speeds seem OK but general internet has been frustrating bordering on unworkable at times.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 157 of 336

Go to solution

If you can load it, there is this Tweet from @BTCare to a user https://twitter.com/BTCare/status/626314718710493184

"[...]We are aware of issues with slow web pages at the moment."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 158 of 336

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@MikeyC123 wrote:
Well, this is the straw that broke camels back, time to get a mac code and change provider.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/guides/switch/

Bear in mind that many fibre providers still use BT Wholesale backhaul, so will suffer the same problems of congestion and routing issues.

Not necessarily - depends where the congestion and routing issues are. If they are within the ISP's own network (which seems to be the case with this problem) then other ISPs won't necessarily be affected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 159 of 336

Go to solution

Been experiencing the same issues here in the SM6 area.

I'm pleased I found this thread, nice to know I'm not alone pulling my hair out!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 336

Go to solution

same problem for last 2 days in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.  Websites fail to load, video is impossible, tracert gives delays and timeouts, gaming pointless... 

on chat with BT going through the noddy diagnostics....  can't wait for the stock answer....

no acknowledgment of any wider issue

grrrrr

0 Ratings