Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 161 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Same here in Ilkeston, DE7 0115 area code, thought it was just me, so annoying! Rebooted hub 4 times, makes no difference wired or wireless.

0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 162 of 336

Go to solution

Im in leicester here, it appears its quite severe here, it takes 30-50+ refreshses to get a page to load, steam store doesnt load at all. This forum has to be refreshed 30 times or more to see it. Cant watch youtube vids, cant use twitch, etc. 

My friend has the same issue and my parents also have the same issue in other parts of leicester. 

Leicester: Le3 area (0116)

0 Ratings
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 163 of 336

Go to solution

Same in Ilkeston DE7 0115 area code, taken me 3 attempts to post this. Edit 4 attempts.

0 Ratings
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 164 of 336

Go to solution

And now it's decided to post one of the posts that didn't post, SORT IT OUT!!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 165 of 336

Go to solution

this was posted by someone else on another thread  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/29/bt_broadband_in_broadbased_brownout_and_titsup_incidents/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MikeZ
Contributor
Message 166 of 336

Go to solution

@jac_95 wrote:

@MikeZ

Also are those effected just on a FTTC/P connection or are they also on a ADSL connection. Probably not related though.

The IP sessions are managed by the Radius servers which connects the user to the ISPs network/Home gateway.

This is affecting both VDSL and ADSL.

IP sessions aren't managed by Radius - you're thinking of PPP sessions.

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 167 of 336

Go to solution

I live in Ibstock 01530 area and I've been having problems since yesterday (28th), to me without wanting to spend the time looking at Wireshark traces the main problem seems to be with secure connections (HTTPS).

So as others have said speed tests will give you normal / good results, just picking a random website with HTTPS such as lloyds TSB banking results in no connection when I try to access the login webpages i.e. the HTTPS pages. Perhaps its likely this will affect games and other internet activities that use secure connections that the user is unaware of.

It's odd why this appears to be only HTTPS, a protocol that lives inside of IP packets, there should be no processing of data inside of the IP packets - BT should just be routing them - hhmm.

Anyways I've been with BT for a while and my internet has been excellent - great speeds and low latency, so there's no way I'm switching, it may take them a while, I'm willing to wait.

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 168 of 336

Go to solution

Seems I don't have to have a mac to leave BT anymore hoorah, can just sign up with new provider. Was told I am in contract though and will have to pay if I leave, so now going through the painful process of logging the fault to demonstrate Bt is not delivering level of service it is contracted to such that I can not be held by contract.

What a surprise my line passed the line test and so it must be equipment plugged in at my end or I need a new hub... JC either BT are purposely telling people there is no fault so they can be held to contract (can leave if fault found) here is my support reference - guess what no fault found - do they think were **bleep**ing idiots ! ref: edited by mod. I have tried to tell them look at the forums, look at down detector, the BT. Infrastructure is glowing like a neon light that there is a problem but they refuse to acknowledge it.

I guess I'll just leave and then when they try to pursue I'll contact the ombudsman, as clearly their complaints procedure will also have head firmly buried in the sand also !

0 Ratings
dedh119
Beginner
Message 169 of 336

Go to solution

Glad it's working for you. I've changed my location back to the UK and the speed has improved and still no issues. Is it possible to permanently set the HH router to look at a VPN instead of BT's DNS setup?

0 Ratings
MikeZ
Contributor
Message 170 of 336

Go to solution

@MikeyC123 wrote:
Seems I don't have to have a mac to leave BT anymore hoorah, can just sign up with new provider. Was told I am in contract though and will have to pay if I leave, so now going through the painful process of logging the fault to demonstrate Bt is not delivering level of service it is contracted to such that I can not be held by contract.

What a surprise my line passed the line test and so it must be equipment plugged in at my end or I need a new hub... JC either BT are purposely telling people there is no fault so they can be held to contract (can leave if fault found) here is my support reference - guess what no fault found - do they think were **bleep**ing idiots ! ref: vol051-8161981034675. I have tried to tell them look at the forums, look at down detector, the BT. Infrastructure is glowing like a neon light that there is a problem but they refuse to acknowledge it.

I guess I'll just leave and then when they try to pursue I'll contact the ombudsman, as clearly their complaints procedure will also have head firmly buried in the sand also !

Wait until you get the price rise e-mail - you are fully entitled to leave without penalty if you call them within 30 days of receiving the e-mail. That's what I have done.

0 Ratings