cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 171 of 336

Re: Home hub connected but can't open web pages

Go to solution

Like everyone on this site I have been passed from one department to another and had so many engineers out to house its becoming a caff for BT staff.

I have had intermittent slow speed on the new supper fast broadband when I was told I would get 30 meg but engineers have told me I would only get 24meg. Unable to find web pages is a constant problem now after getting supper fast broadband inmstalled. This I have told BT is a DNS issue and they have said there is an issue and told me to change my DNS to a public DNS which I have done but cannot do it on router have to do this on every device which I cannot as cannot do it on phones.

Long story short like everyone here I have the same issue cannot find web sites and times out. BT are too segmented and have no one central point to fix these issue so it just keeps going round and round with engineers visiting houses on numerous occasions instead of fixing issue first or second time. This increases the cost to BT and in turn increase the cost to us the end users. BT do not seem to understand the cost saving in first time fix which is very worrying for such a big company that controls most of the UKs communication.  Roll out of supper fast Broadband across the whole of the country is a must for this country to go forward in the modern world more so for rural areas like Northumberland were work is hard to find anyway. Get it right first time stop thing of distance signal has to travel, old wiring in the ground, what the line has to pass over on its way to the houses being supplied, as in my case a main east coast railway line  and do not assume anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 172 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Just to confirm, using a VPN like CyberGhost does solve the problem in this instance. Plus you get to stay anonymous while online.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 173 of 336

Go to solution

I thought it was just me!

Got the same problem on Infinity2 in Holbeach, Lincs. Some web pages don't load and have to be refreshed before you finally get there, I thought my website had been hacked as I couldn't access it, changed DNS servers to the Google ones in my adapter settings, hoping to resolve the issue (it didn't but some websites are a little faster now).

I hope they sort it out soon. Has this affected business customers as well or just residential?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 174 of 336

Go to solution
Now that is a good plan Mikez about waiting for price rise email !!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 175 of 336

Go to solution

@dedh119 wrote:

Just to confirm, using a VPN like CyberGhost does solve the problem in this instance. Plus you get to stay anonymous while online.

Yes, anything that encapsulates the TCP session will bypass whatever in BT Retail's network is causing this problem. It also demonstrates that it's not a general congestion problem as some of the "gurus" have suggested.

One thing though - you won't be completely anonymous. The VPN provider can identify you and sites that you visit might be able to, depending on your behaviour.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 176 of 336

Go to solution
I have the same issue - Sevenoaks area 01732. All day yesterday and today. Without trawling 18 pages (some of which fail to load) is there an update from BT on when this will be fixed?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 177 of 336

Go to solution
Finally UK STATUS shows there is a problem created 30 minutes ago !

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

BT customers are having trouble loading webpages.

Estimated time to resolve: ONGOING

We're investigating an issue where some BT customers are having trouble loading webpages. We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Please revisit this page for further updates.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 178 of 336

Go to solution
True, but as long as you're not going about hiring hitmen or visiting some of the more unpleasant areas of the internet you're generally safe from the casual observer. Myself, I just like the fact that I'm somewhat hidden from view. Plus it's a way around problems like this in the future.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 179 of 336

Go to solution

I have this problem in Market Rasen.  Infuriatingly, I can't log in to my account at BT and I can't get to the website I am supposeed to be working on.  There's something seriously borked... and yet the BT website says there are no issues in my areas.  Do they read these forums?  I've had people researching the problems I thought we had with our website when actually it seems to be a nationwide BT problem if forums like this one are to be believed.  It's feeling very 1998 with my connection.  

I think in general the broadband srvice is good, but the hardware is poor and the information system for warning customers is sooo bad that by the time you know there is a general problem, it's fixed and you've driven yourself mad restarting the router... you'd think in this era of bigdata that companies like BT would have worked out a way to be alerted if there is a problem over a wide area.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 180 of 336

Go to solution
Same here in Witham, Essex. 01376 area. Tried reporting it via the online fault reporting system and was told I need an engineer visit despite pointing them to this thread.

Let's hope they get this sorted quickly as it's driving me nuts.
0 Ratings