Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoxm84
Expert
Message 321 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

@JackOfAll wrote:

Well, I'm just glad it has been fixed. I give-up trying to figure out why, when BT had a fault that was affecting most of their customer base, not just people from one specific area, they chose not to mention it on their service status page.

I agree, a member of BT staff acknowledged the issue on the forum pretty early on, so there is no excuse for it not to have been put on the service status page.

0 Ratings
mjtiernan
Beginner
Message 322 of 336

Go to solution

Still problems with web pages taking aaaaaaaages to load.  First connection goes in quickly but any navigating is desperately slow after that here in NR30.

0 Ratings
Clem_Dye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 323 of 336

Re: Slow Browsing

Go to solution

For my current location, 01992 area code/EN9 postcode, things generally seem OK, with just the occasional pause, which of course could be host-based. The VPN connection to my employer's network also seems fine.

I'll be at an 01423 area code/HG2 postcode location over the weekend, which also has BT Infinity, so will report back if I find problems there.

Based on my usage today, I think that the issue for me is fixed. I had a text from BT telling me that I can expect a call from a BT support engineer sometime today, in response to my placing a fault call about this issue on Tuesday, and it will be interesting to hear what he/she says. If they still want to send me a replacement HH5, fine, a spare is always handy.

Clem

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 324 of 336

Go to solution

Well without an explanation as to the cause I have come to the conclusion as others have that this was about packet inspection/monitoring as a result I have spent the last day reading VPN reviews and will now configure all router traffic to use a secure VPN to stop nosey people.

0 Ratings
mjtiernan
Beginner
Message 325 of 336

Go to solution

Is there a "How to" to use a secure VPN ?

0 Ratings
Clem_Dye
Aspiring Contributor
Message 326 of 336

Go to solution

Hmmmm. Just had my call from the BT technician dealing with the fault that I raised on Tuesday. He didn't tell me what the fault was/is, but he did say that it's still being worked on and may take another 48 hours to clear, possibly longer. That might explain why some people posting here seem free of the issue, others not.

Clem

0 Ratings
ryleenicole
Beginner
Message 327 of 336

Go to solution

As the moderator said the problem 'has' been fixed, figured I'd reboot my HH5, and wait a few hours, just to be sure that I was still having the issues. It's now a good few hours since I checked this morning and unfortunately still the same issue.

01283 Area Code - DE14 (Burton Upon Trent)

Paying for High Speed Fibre Infinity 2 and takes over 10 refreshes just to load this reply page. Not good at all considering how much money BT is getting off me.

mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 328 of 336

Go to solution
Still having problems in Ilkeston, 0115 area code.
0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 329 of 336

Go to solution

@ryleenicole. I'm from the BOT area also and my pages seem to load a tad bit slow as well at the moment. I don't suppose your HH5 reboots at all about 9.00a.m.ish in the morning? could you please check your wan log and see for me, if thats OK with you does it mention anything to do with reboot at user request? Thanks.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 336

Go to solution
I'm in the DE3 area of Derby and on the whole seems back to normal, but every now and then a web page won't load until you refresh the page, and seems a little sluggish at times.

0 Ratings