Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewKing
Contributor
Message 11 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Given that the issue can be replicated with devices not running windows at all and then resolved by using a celular connection shows it's nothing to do with the fact that opperating system updates are out.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 336

Go to solution
May be a local problem, but until I tidied up the Windows PC files , I had similar problems with slow browsing, and and a very, very, slow windows boot.
0 Ratings
stv888
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 336

Go to solution

Same here in west London some pages not coming up, very bad browsing this morning, download speed are ok just browsing is mashed!

0 Ratings
rhomb
Contributor
Message 14 of 336

Go to solution

I am on OS X and iPhone, so can confirm one person's Windows problem has nothing to do with this issue. 

It's like wading through treacle one minute, OK the next, hope it gets resolved before end of day. 

It is a very sudden and very severe issue, and users are over 100 miles apart, so this is not something too local. 

0 Ratings
Mark039
Contributor
Message 15 of 336

Go to solution

Here too in Essex. Just as you say, download speed is fine, but web pages frequently load only partially, or not at all. Why don't BT provide an update, or even acknowledge there's a problem on their Service Status page?

0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 16 of 336

Go to solution

Yep, I'm getting the same thing today

Slowloading pages, links not working and so on with all sorts of sites I'm trying to use

Speedtest results are the same as I normally get and Netflix is working fine on the TV, just issues when using browsers on my PC and tablet  

0 Ratings
Silkius
Beginner
Message 17 of 336

Go to solution

Same here in East London - its driving me nuts!!!!
One second its quick (and I mean quick - well for here, and I'm not on any special BB package just basic unlimited)
The next its like drawing teeth with pliers - I get the whirling circle of death, half loaded apages and failed logins.
A second click, reload can result in it workign like there was no issue, or just fail again.

I went through everything at my end, different PC's tablets, browsers, websites. Download test (was good - when it finally worked), reboot the hub, the pc's check no updates in the background - stood on one leg in the garden - you name it. I tried it.

I work from home on-line and in the backend of websites, and timeout and fails can mean lost work.

It was almost a relef to spot this thread and see I'm not alone - there is obviously somethign going on out there today.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 336

Go to solution

Web browsing was almost impossible this morning, but fine now.

0 Ratings
MikeyC123
Contributor
Message 19 of 336

Go to solution
In Derbyshire exactly the same problem on fibre, it's like the problems received years ago if the MTU size was set too big. I have tried various routers and all the same problem, no pages loading properly have to constantly keep trying to refresh, clearly a problem somewhere - please can a mod escalate this. We shouldn't al,have to phone India and be told to check our connections and empty internet browsing history and reset the hub to factory settings.

This is ridiculous.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 336

Go to solution

Spoke too soon.

0 Ratings