Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 271 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

the problem was highlighted here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/29/bt_broadband_in_broadbased_brownout_and_titsup_incidents/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 272 of 336

Go to solution

@kwpc1 wrote:

How ironic they just sent out a few hundred thousand emails telling us all they were going to increase prices?

And July is scam awareness month! 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 273 of 336

Go to solution

I guess we will see if it's fixed in the morning !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 274 of 336

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

the problem was highlighted here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/29/bt_broadband_in_broadbased_brownout_and_titsup_incidents/

Highlighted, yes, by a journalist, but not acknowledged by BT.

If it's not listed on the official "Service Status" page, then it's not acknowledged, period (and no, social network postings don't count either). The BT quote in that article is actually referring to an unrelated issue that is/was listed on the Service Status page - the issue being discussed here only briefly appeared on the Service Status page this morning before being removed. So far it's only been acknowledged here by @NeilO and on Twitter (neither of which is likely to be most customers first port of call).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 275 of 336

Go to solution
On their customer help page (https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzd... they've now put a message on the right telling everyone about the page loading problem. Not sure when it first appeared.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 276 of 336

Go to solution
Anyone else now unable to connect at all? I am self employed, trying to finish a bucket load of work to enable me to have a holiday and I have had two wasted days which only seen to be getting worse.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 277 of 336

Go to solution

@philipW99 wrote:
On their customer help page (https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzd... they've now put a message on the right telling everyone about the page loading problem. Not sure when it first appeared.

Not seeing it myself. Either way, the Service Status page would be the first port of call for most people, and not a page buried away on some customer-only site. As it stands, BT just appear utterly incompetent at problem management, or are simply happy to treat their customers with contempt. Or maybe it's both.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 278 of 336

Go to solution
try looking at the openreach network status checker it gives me a couple of faults for my postcode
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 279 of 336

Go to solution

@Sparky225 wrote:

So my question to the forum is..

If I change my ISP to another provider I am of the understanding it will be BT Infrastructure to my premises (cable to exchange) then would the new ISP route my traffic via their own network and say not use BT routing/DNS etc.

It's also a BT backhaul from the exchange, but you would then be straight into your ISP's network and completely separate from BT Retail's network and infrastructure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 280 of 336

Go to solution
one correction it is NOT BT Retail's network and infrastructure.it is Openreach /BT wholesale who operate the network for all ISP's
0 Ratings