Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 281 of 336

Re: Slow page browsing

Go to solution

Is this gonna be fixed any time this year or what? Like 3rd day of this **bleep** and BT tech support have no idea it even exists as a problem. 

0 Ratings
MikeZ
Contributor
Message 282 of 336

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
one correction it is NOT BT Retail's network and infrastructure.it is Openreach /BT wholesale who operate the network for all ISP's

You've misunderstood me. I know that Openreach/BTW operate the network for all ISPs. I'm talking about the ISP's network that your PPP session is set up with. Once you get to that stage you are separate from BT RETAIL'S (i.e. the BT ISP 'arm') network.

You won't be using BT Retail's network infrastructure (DNS servers, routers, etc.) - you will be using your own ISP's.

0 Ratings
Droolio
Beginner
Message 283 of 336

Go to solution

Yup, as Philip says, they've now put up a warning on one of the contact pages (still not on the Service Status page).

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/5627,5629

0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 284 of 336

Go to solution

@quiksilver1 wrote:

Is this gonna be fixed any time this year or what? Like 3rd day of this **bleep** and BT tech support have no idea it even exists as a problem. 

Read the whole thread, only a few pages back a Moderator has posted a small update on what the situation is

0 Ratings
JackOfAll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 285 of 336

Go to solution

Maybe a moderator can answer?

Why has BT still not acknowledged this as a problem on the service status page? The cat is well and truly out of the bag now, since it was publicised on The Register. Why is any acknowledgement of this issue relegated to the "Contact Us" Help page?

Even my 70 year old mother, who is not particularly internet savvy, recognises there is a problem, sitting there yesterday constantly hitting the browser refresh button to try and get an email to display. 

The first port of call for anyone experiencing problems is the service status page to see if there is a problem affecting their area. As this problem is nationwide, there is absolutely no excuse for this problem being MIA from the service status page!

0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 286 of 336

Go to solution

@Droolio wrote:

Yup, as Philip says, they've now put up a warning on one of the contact pages (still not on the Service Status page).

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/5627,5629

Thanks, I see it now. Pretty disappointing (ie. pathetic) attempt at customer communication, it's almost as if they don't want to admit they've had a major problem.

As I said previously, if they'd been up front about this problem from the outset it wouldn't have been such a miserable experience, but as they chose to deny there was a problem for as long as possible (and still seem to be in a limited form of public denial) it's made me seriously consider why I'm giving this shower my money and not taking my custom elsewhere.

If this nonsense happens again, I'm off - BT need to remember there are other options.

0 Ratings
danielc759
Beginner
Message 287 of 336

Go to solution

So as I can't get through to support at all, I'll register my "me too" here. Not long until my contract is up.

0 Ratings
quiksilver1
Beginner
Message 288 of 336

Go to solution

So i just spoke to BT customer options team again. 

They have absolutely no clue this is even an issue, no one has told them, and when i refered the guy to this post and tthe twitter feed he said well normally we would be informed about a nationwide issue like this. 

He basically was unable to admit there is an issue they dont know about. 

Also from what i understand, if there is an issue like this and the service has been substandard the new law just introduced lets you leave without a fee even if you are in contract.

It could be that admitting to poor service over the phone or in writing may let you be able to leave your contract early without consequence, ergo, dont let people know about a nationwide service issue. 

0 Ratings
JackOfAll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 289 of 336

Go to solution

@quiksilver1 wrote:

It could be that admitting to poor service over the phone or in writing may let you be able to leave your contract early without consequence, ergo, dont let people know about a nationwide service issue. 

I'm the last person to subscribe to a conspiracy theory, but they really do not seem to want to acknowledge this as an issue in the place where it should be acknowledged. It's strange, to say the least.

0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 290 of 336

Go to solution

@JackOfAll wrote:
I'm the last person to subscribe to a conspiracy theory, but they really do not seem to want to acknowledge this as an issue in the place where it should be acknowledged. It's strange, to say the least.

If denying there's a problem becomes a common way of "managing" major outages/incidents, I guess having a word with Ofcom would be in order - it's not something they're going to be able to get away with for very long.

Now that customers have the legal right to break contracts whenever services are not delivered I can very easily see service providers fighting shy of admitting major faults, and this change in the law will simply weed out the reputable service providers from the non-reputable. No prizes for guessing which list BT currently find themselves on...

0 Ratings