cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Slow speed after Infinity install

Had Infinity installed on Friday and I don't think it's working. We are only getting 1.5Mbps at the minute. I understand there is a 10 day stabilisation period but I would of thought the speed should be higher than 1.5Mbps

We've been told a minimun guaranteed speed of 33Mbps

Can anyone advise/assist or is it just a matter of waiting?Untitled.jpg 

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: Slow speed after Infinity install

As you will have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Untitled1.jpg

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

You are on Infinity as can be seen by the modulation G993-2 which is for VDSL. If you had not been changed you would be showing G992 which is ADSL.

Are you connected to the master socket?

Can you try connecting to the test socket which is behind the master socket face plate. Once you have done that can you check that any extension sockets you may have are no longer active and then re-run your speed test and post the hubs stats again.

Test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Yes connected to master socket, which is the only socket in the house. Installed by Openreach around 3/4 years agoUntitled2.jpg

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Untitled3.jpg

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 31

Couple of other things, are you testing by wireless or wired. If wireless try a wired connection.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If nothing improves, you have eliminated any issues with your internal wiring when you connected to the test socket. All you can do now is contact BT and request an engineer to investigate the problem.

Do not be fobbed off with "wait until the 10 day training period is over". That is rubbish. Your line should more or less have give its best speed from the get go and in any event within the first couple of days.

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 31

Thanks for the explanations. Connection is wired and no noise on the line. Will give BT a call

One concern I have is that we were switched cabinets at the end of September. We were oriiginally on cabinet 5 (500m away) which wasn't Fibre enabled and we switched to Cabinet 9 which is around 2.5-3 miles away. I assumed that cabinet 5 was acting as an "infill" to provide our speed

Is it possible the the information is wrong on the dsl checker?

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

Untitled4.jpg

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

IMG_0003.jpg