cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: Slow speed after Infinity install

Should the engineer not have picked this up when he was installing? Having a quuck look it seems there are around 50 to 60 properties in the same situation
0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Spoke to someone in BT's Asian call centre this morning, they were adamant I would see a gradual improvement over the next 10 days which I don't believe. They say they see no faults and if I want an engineer it will be classed as an internal issue and I will be charged £129.99. Will try again later and hope to get someone in the UK

Seems someone at BT/Openreach has entered completely the  wrong details for postcodes in my area.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 31

You will NOT be charge £130. It is an install issue. It will NOT improve over the next 10 days. Phone them back and demand that an engineer call and investigate as per their minimum guarantee or you want to cancel.

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

All

Engineer arranged for tomorrow morning.

Didn't mention it on this thread but did on another and didn't get much response but last Friday after the install we received confirmation that Infiniity was activated. Light on the hub was flashing purple and phone wasn't working. Called BT and told everything should work on Saturday morning but it wasn't. Called again and they detected a fault on the line which was fixed on Monday morning. 

When I called to complain about the speed they did another line check and confirmed no fault

When I came home from work yesterday, hub was flashing purple again and phone wasn't working again. Rang BT who said that a fault had automatically been reported and a different engineer would be looking at it tomorrow aswell.

Standard of service has been appalling to say the least. I'm guessing if the phoneline hasn't been fixed then the Openreach engineer will not attempt to get to the bottom of what is causing speed issue

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 25 of 31

It is Openreach engineers who repair phone line faults so yes he should be able to sort your speeds at the same time even if a line engineer has been booked for the phone issue.

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

All

Engineer came this morning and as expected something has gone wrong in the database. Cabinet is too far away

According to the engineer my phoneline isn't even in the cabinet so although I am on an infinity package,I'm still only getting adsl speeds

A case manager is going to be in touch on Monday to discuss were we go next as my something has gone wrong with adsl connection now in that it it gets no where near my normal adsl speed of 2.4mbps. Speed at the minute means I can't watch any ondemand services and internet is very sluggish

Bad enough that they have told me something is available and it's not but then not restore me to my original state compounds things even more

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Shortly after I posted last, my line went again, came back on late Saturday night.

When down at lunch time yesterday, reported to BT who said they could see another fault. Magically started working again last night. Given the time of night I'm guessing it was an engineer who fixed it. Why is this happening?

My speed prior to the failed infinity activation to 2.4Mbps download, 0.5 upload and is now 1.3Mpbs download 1.6Mbps upload. Nothing works, yet the engineer on Saturday said I was getting the expected speed the line could support Why is this happening?

A member of the offline is to contact me to discuss further, do they normally take long to get in touch? 

So much for my contract guaranteeing a speed of 33Mbps

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Should be getting at least 33Mbps, getting 1.3 Mbps

Hi All

Without sounding repetitive, I'm not really getting anywhere with my issues. 

We ordered BT Infinity 3 weeks ago and where promised a minimum speed of 33mbps, we are currently getting 1.3Mbps, prior to this we got to 2.4Mpbs

The cabinet we are connected to (Seaforde CAB 5) was built 2.5 years ago but was never activated due to unforeseen issues. Three weeks I received an email saying our exchange had been upgraded and the Openreach website said we could now order Fibre. The website was now showing us being fed from CAB 9 which is around 3 miles away (too far, I know)

Since the activation last Friday our phoneline is crashing and broadband is not working and when it is, it's barely usable

Quite obvious that someone has made an error somewhere along the line but after 4 engineer appointments and umpteen phonecalls to BT no one seems in any hurry to fix the issue.

Anyone have any advice or have any idea what the issue is with Cabinet 5 on the Seaforde exchange in Northern Ireland ?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 29 of 31

@Stonegiant2012 I'm sorry about the problems with your recent BT Infinity install. I've moved your post back to the main thread as it's best to keep all your posts in the once place as it's easier for the community to follow.  

If you would like us to take a look a this for you please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Stonegiant2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 31

All

I've had no/limited internet for two weeks now and everyday this week I have been told the offline team will be in touch. I'm still waiting.

I contacted the mods on Tuesday, can anyone assist?

0 Ratings